“Family reunion ”

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #83 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We visited Vegas but never stayed. This was the first time we decided to stay in Vegas. We looked on line for hotels that were nice and affordable and that gave aaa discounts. We'll here goes we got to Vegas from California at 9:30 so I figured after breakfast in their restaurant they might let us check in early to get settled. No they instead told us to wait until 4:00pm. We'll surely 4:00 came and there was a line of people checking in back to the front door. Finally when I got to the counter to get the keys to my room I felt like it was forever. We got up to our room and found a open beer bottle under the night stand. Used toiletries in the shower. I called down to the front desks and informed them. They informed me some one would be up to clean it. We'll I left to see a show at Excalibur when I got back they never showed up. Finally I went down and spoke with the night manager and had informed him I called earlier and asked for some one to come clean my room because their was an open beer bottle and used toiletries. At the time my son was 3 and my thought was about him and his safety so the night manager was nice and competed my room and canceled the other nights and sent me a bag full of toiletries as a sorry for the room being a mess. I don't know if I will stay here again but if I do I will check the room we'll and if I find a problem go down and speak to the manager and ask for a new room or refund If possible.

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Marta D
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Marta D,

We are sincerely sorry to know you did not stay with us due to challenges within your room upon arrival. We appreciate you sharing your constructive comments and can assure you that your experience is not an accurate reflection of our very high standards. It is encouraging to see one of our managers was able to remedy your concerns, but we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations during a future stay.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed in Vegas a number of times and I found the Luxor suite we were in the be spacious and quiet. the room itself was nicely laid out and provided a great view of the strip (we were in the west tower). The staff was very friendly and bent over backwards to help whenever we needed it.

I would go back again without hesitation.

1  Thank tannedandfull

Dear tannedandfull,

We could not be happier to see that our staff was your favorite part of our resort! Our gorgeous suites are an excellent option and offer space for entertaining. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience and cannot wait to warmly welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Enjoyed this stay especially with no kids.The room was very beautiful and spacious. The view was one of the pool which looked very inviting. I will be planning a trip in soon with all my little minions! Birthday trip!!

Dear Princess W,

We cannot wait to welcome your entire family back for another exceptional stay soon! It is fantastic to hear how much you enjoyed your relaxing visit. We hope you all can have some fun in the sun by the Pools during your return stay!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

What a great property! Aside from it's unique architecture, the hotel features great shows, slots, and gift shops. It has wonderful access to adjoining hotels, offering an array of shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences! I am glad that I decided to stay at the Luxor again this year. It has definitely become my hotel of choice, especially since I had complimentary rooms this year! Thanks, Luxor!

1  Thank madwithreason

Dear madwithreason,

At Luxor, our guests can expect breathtaking architecture, a myriad of dining options, and unique entertainment choices. We are delighted to see you discovered the immense value within our resort and that you had a wonderful stay. It would be our absolute pleasure to serve you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Luxor is the famous Pyramid styled hotel near the southern end of the Las Vegas strip. Of course, a lot of the grounds are Egyptian themed including a huge Sphinx near the hotel tram stop. Luxor has the largest indoor atrium and the "hallways" are overlooking this atrium with the rooms all on the outer four sides. If you are afraid of heights, right outside of your room is a short rail where you can look straight down to the gambling floor. The rooms were nicely decorated and clean; the windows are neat because they slope as you expect since they are the outside of the pyramid. You can look straight up at night and see the light on top shining into space (it is one of a few man-made items that can be seen from space). The sleep was very good and we weren't disturbed in any way. The staff was friendly but no one went out of their way to make the stay better.

The Luxor is a mid-grade hotel in a nice LV strip location- there is a lot of action within easy walking distance. You can get some really good deals here and take advantage of the location. The hotel also has towers versus the Pyramid rooms which would be quieter and less expensive. Shows rotate around between hotels but currently the main draws are Chris Angel (illusionist) and Jabbawockeez (hip-hop dance crew).

Room Tip: In this location, a Strip View would be worth the extra fee. For the least disturbance and a better...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

'was satisfied,staff was helpful,clean. was there for son's wedding at their chapel which was beautiful,minister was professional and gave good advice to newlyweds. Pool was clean,gym was clean, beds were comfortable,was fairly quiet for sleeping.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Barb I

Dear Barb I,

We wish your son all of the best! It is extremely rewarding to know you chose Luxor to host such a memorable celebration and we greatly appreciate your patronage. It is wonderful to see you enjoyed our amenities and we hope your recent experience will entice you to return to our resort again in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff was friendly and efficient, the facilities are well maintained, and the value for the money paid was very high on the room. Have no complaints about the time I spent there, and the Mexican food at Tacos & Tequila on premises was excellent.

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Nothing is more encouraging than reading the generous compliments from another satisfied guest, and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. T & T (Tacos & Tequila) is an excellent restaurant with delicious margaritas and Mexican fare; we are so pleased to know you enjoyed your meal here. We would love to host you again once your travels bring you back to Las Vegas!