“Anniversary weekend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Anniversary weekend”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Room was perfectly fine. Very clean. Check in process went pretty smooth. The only issue we had was the air in our room didn't work very well so it was stuffy & kind of warm in our room. Not as cool as we would have preferred. Great location & lots of places to dine nearby. This is our 2nd time staying at the Luxor.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Las Vegas, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear gustafson6,

We are glad to know you chose Luxor a second time, and happy anniversary! Although we are happy to see that your check in process and room were up to standard, we would like to apologize for any challenges you faced with the air temperature. Our staff strongly encourages our guests to let us know immediately if anything is keeping them from having an unsurpassable resort stay, and we hope that you’ll allow us to remedy any inconveniences that may arise in future visits with us. Thank you for sharing your valuable comments, and we hope to welcome you back a third time soon!

guestrelations@luxor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,566)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three days. Hotel scent they force through vents becomes highly overpowering after twenty minutes. Water leaked into bathroom from bathroom above and glad it didn't ruin my makeup. Felt like just a number at this hotel. Had to wait forty minutes to check in and didn't even bother checking out. Had to wait forty minutes to check bags. Room wasn't vacuumed properly before I arrived as evidence of someone buring incense all over the place. They should have a lobby attendant or guest service person stand in lobby to help boost positive experience. This hotel could be so much better. Final irrating straw. My do not disturb sign magically disappeared on my departure day so housekeeping banged on door like police at 9am. Unacceptable. Housekeepers are to wait until after check out time to start banging on doors like the police. Really through. I mean when there is a hotel convention in the area...you should attempt to step up your game.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Erin L
Dear elysaght,

Thank you for your constructive insight. We apologize for the several shortfalls you encountered throughout your stay, and can assure you that your experiences are not indicative of our very high standards. We would value the opportunity to speak with your further about your stay and hope you’ll reach out to us at guestrelations@luxor.com. Thank you for bringing your understandable concerns to our attention, and we hope to have the chance to apologize personally.

Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I would advise staying at the Luxor. The hotel has lots of entertainment, food choices, bars and gambling choices. We look forward to returning soon. This hotel is perfect for couples or families! Lots of things to do.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynnette K
Dear Lynnette K,

Thank you for your generous recommendation! At Luxor, we strive to provide a warm and inviting environment suited for business travelers, couples, as well as families, and we appreciate your kind recognition. Between our entertainment selection, delicious variety of restaurants, and exhilarating gaming options, there is surely something for everyone at the pyramid. We appreciate your thoughtful remarks, and cannot wait to host another one of your fabulous trips!

Burton upon Trent
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at The Luxor Hotel & Casino twice in 9 days, split by a trip to San Francisco in between.. My first stay was 3 nights in a Pyramid King Room. I arrived after a long flight to a very smooth check-in and pleasant greeting from the friendly Reception staff. I was allocated a room on the 18th floor with a view straight out onto the famous Las Vegas Strip. My room was very clean and spacious, and the bed very comfortable. I had a very pleasant stay!
I was able to leave my main luggage at the hotel with the Concierge, for collection upon my return from San Francisco.
My second stay of 3 nights was in the West Tower. I purposely booked two different types of room to experience both. My check-in was again smooth, and my luggage was waiting for me as arranged. The Tower King Room was the better of the two rooms, which I had expected, as you had a few added extras. Yet again, a clean and spacious room..
As far as location goes, The Luxor is near the South end of the Strip, so its a fair walk to reach the middle, especially when you have to walk back too. There is the Monorail available if the walking gets too much, but its ok as long as you don't go mad, and pace yourself as there is a lot to see in Vegas. I would happily stay at The Luxor again, but would choose a Tower room as they are the better choice and the lift's are more convenient. Overall, a great stay!

Room Tip: The Tower rooms are nicer, and the Pyramid probably gets used far more frequently by touring parties...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick64
Westlock, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our first time that we stayed at this hotel in Vegas May '14.We stayed in a pyramid room with two queen beds. Nice big room, easy chair and table/two chairs. The only thing that I didn't care for was the fact it had a shower and not a tub. I didn't know this when I booked the room or I wouldn't have stayed here. There was a 22.40 charge to check in early. I booked an extra night as we were not guaranteed a late checkout. There is a resort fee that you pay for wifi, newspaper etc Wifi is only accessible in the lobby areas and by the pool. You cannot access the wifi in your room. It is wired in there.For the last few days of our stay you could sit by the pool but not go in as they had no lifeguards. Someone told us they had let staff go to save money. I didn't think it was right that you go to enjoy the pool and sunshine and pay to do so and can't. We were told one day on our way out that we could have used the paid area but there had been no notice of this anywhere for the public to see. I thought it was horriblethat the paid area was open where you had the vip seatings and cabanas. The last morning we were there there was 5 people sitting in those seats. The main pools were closed but how ironic that it the paid one was open. Money says it all, it was not right that the everyday joe who went didn't get the pool area unless they paid. I noticed that someone had room service and that the food was sitting on the tray outside the room for three days. Housekeeping just kept going around it. Rugs need to be vacumed and the elevator doors cleaned more often We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a room that has a tub, you need it after walking the strp
Green Features: they recycle but you don't put items in separate containers, can you imagine the person who supposedly goes thru all the garbage?
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Great location : quieter area of strip. Awesome VIP pool . Awesome walkways to and from both Mandalay bay and Excalibur !

The pyramid building inside is starting to show it's age. Needs a good coat of paint on walls and ceilings . The Pyramid Hotel rooms are really large but also showing it's age .

The exterior pyramid glass was filthy. They were cleaning the glass on certain sections of the pyramid when we were there .

• Stayed May 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Their suite room is not bad choice for your another fun Vegas trip because of the big bath tub in a room and huge living area. otherwise, it's just a another boring average hotel and feels a little dark too. Hotel Stuff are very random here. some are great and some are not helpful at all.

Room Tip: get a suit if it's a couple trip.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business