“It's okay”

Ranked #86 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Luxor and it was a lot better then I thought. The games are great, T&T tacos and tequila is awesome and the sports bar is nice too. The one thing that really made my skin boil was every corner in the hotel as well as on the strip you have people trying to get you to look at a time share to get free shows and things. I understand that some people want this but if you have never been to Vegas already and you are here for a limit amount of days why would you want to watch sit through something that is going to last longer then the 90 minutes they tell you? Other then that the place is okay. Beware though::: check your towels they never changed the towels from the previous guess and the need to try harder with the cleaning.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Hi Hopey103,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. We are committed to offering our guests the highest level of satisfaction and are working with our timeshare partners to train them on the service standards we provide our employees. The expectation is that Grandview staff will be another layer of service instead of a hindrance. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

guestrelations@luxor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (31,923)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a perfectly enjoyable experience at the Luxor. Much better value for money than some of the more expensive hotels. I had previously asked for a ground (1st) floor room as I do not use lifts (elevators) and this was provided without a hitch. This has often been a problem for me so many thanks to everyone at the hotel for this. I was concerned that being on the ground floor may be noisy but it was not. The room was spacious and clean. The TV worked fine as well as the internet and the safe - hooray! The only extra facility that would be nice is a kettle in the room but there was a Starbucks not far away. All the staff were helpful and obliging. We enjoyed the pool for some chill out. There are various pools and some areas where you can pay to be a little more secluded so they cater for everyone. The tramway, mono rails and buses all help to link with locations further down the Strip but it is also easy to walk. Food outlets in the hotel are ok but not special - maybe they just didn't suit my taste.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Lucinda B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are thrilled to know you had a great experience with our staff and enjoyed your time by the pool! The tram is very popular with our guests and we are happy you found this convenient during your stay. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

There were 10 of us ladies who went to vegas for our friends bachelorette party. We rented 3 rooms at the Luxor for 5 days. We enjoyed many shows, as well as shopping, sight seeing, gambling it was just a great experience for all of us and we had the time of our lifes. I even took home a little of Vegas money. Plan to go back again next year

Room Tip: We were on the top floor what a view and very quiet. We had very large comfortable rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maggie4ever
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Arrived for a conference at the Mandalay Bay so this was a perfect hotel to stay at as the walkway to the conference was via the casino and filled with shops, restaurants et all en route. There for 4 days and got a chance to walk the strip a few times. Whoever says this hotel is too far from the epicentre of the strip is plain lazy. It's a rather nice wall up and down the strip but take comfortable shoes.

The hotel itself is great. Check-in was smooth and painless. Got given a room on the 21st floor in the Pyramid. Loved it for the uniqueness and never had a quieter hotel room. Perhaps in need of a little refurbishment but for the price on the strip you can't really ask for too much right? One thing and maybe the only gripe I have is the cafe or restaurant they have in the casino. I went down early morning to ask the 3 girls standing at the host stand (doing zip) to fill my thermos with hot water as I drink my own specific tea. As they had nobody in their overpriced, atmosphere-less cafe I thought that wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience for them. Nope. "I have to charge you for the hot water." I wasn't in the mood for a battle that early but I did show my displeasure to the 3 divas and was on my waterless way. I did make sure that none of my colleagues went in there for their breakfast so I could only imagine how slow they were.

All in all and good stay and will visit again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pigalicious
Reviewed October 16, 2013

It's funny to stay inside a pyramid but the Luxor is not what I imagined.
Rooms are too small and the Internet connection comes and goes very often.
Be prepared to walk a lot.
One good thing is the variety of restaurants inside the building and they're also affordable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Hi mogway,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked our wide variety of dining options during your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@luxor.com to discuss your experience in more detail. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have to say for the price we paid, we are extremely disappointed. We reserved a King size room but ended up with 2 queen beds. Not that it matters since it was extremely noisy, so we got little sleep. I do understand that it is Vegas, but the walls were paper thin & we could hear everything. Worst than that, the room was barely clean. Also, the room had no microwave, mini fridge...not even a coffee pot. Definitely not satisfied. The only thing nice about the hotel was the casino & shops.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hello luvleeleo,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the casino during your stay. We apologize that other areas of your experience fell short of your expectations. We make every effort to provide each and every one of our guests with their preferred room type; however, rooms are based on availability at check-in and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@luxor.com to discuss your experience in more detail. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Lisa G.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just returned from a 10 night stay in the Luxor (16th-26th September 2013).The hotel was ideal,near the end of the strip but well placed for all the nearby attractions casinos and hotels.We were given a courtesy upgrade on to the 13th floor of the West Tower.Room was spotless and was replenished with bedding,toiletries every day.Good size room but like other reviews, the hotel could do better if the internet was wireless.Resort fee of $20.16 per day inc tax is a bit much for the facilities available. Hotel will have to keep improving if it is to keep pace with some of the others.Hotel is ideal for the "deuce" bus,or the tram station.Overall we would recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of a "decent" priced hotel for a stay in Vegas.

Room Tip: The higher room the better the view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Hi Pearson2013!

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your room and found the location of the hotel convenient during your stay! The tram is very popular with our guests and we are happy that you were able to enjoy this service. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Lisa G.