“Another great stay at the Luxor”
Review of Luxor Las Vegas

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #85 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is my second stay at the Luxor and it was as good as i remembered. The room was fine. Large room with big AMAZINGLY comfortable beds (so comfy, my friend even took a note of the make so she could look for one in England!!). We discovered a lovely eating place that we didn't realise existed. Backstage Deli. It was in the far corner of the hotel near the 2B lifts. The foodcourt was another good find after spending $22 on breakfast elsewhere on the first morning!! We had breakast muffin with egg and sausage and a coffee for less than $5. The pool was fine. I'm sure it is not the best pool on the strip (The Mandalay Bay pool looked amazing with a lazy river) but it suited us for what we needed. No shortage of sunbeds to use.

The buffet was brilliant for breakfast although i have to say, i was not impressed with the dinner selections. I would definitely eat there for breakfast again but would try elsewhere for a dinner buffet. We had our lunch buffet at Excalibur ($35 for breakfast, lunch & dinner, across Luxor & Excalibur) which was gorgeous.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (31,459)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had to stay at the Luxor for a medical meeting being held at Mandalay Bay, and I was not looking forward to it. For some reason, I thought the property would be cheesy and mediocre. I was pleasantly surprised. The decor, although faux Egyptian, was "controlled" and as tasteful as fake Egyptian can probably be. My room in the East tower was large, clean, with a large bathtub and separate shower stall. My checkin was quick, and the woman who worked the registration desk was very helpful. However, I did come in on a Thursday, I noticed long lines to check in on the weekend.

My complaints are: No inroom Wifi. (I did find free WiFi in the Pyramid Cafe).
Signage is sparse, you can walk around forever trying to find something. Trying to get over to Mandalay Bay was an adventure. I recommend just asking every security person you see if your are going the right way.
The East Tower is a HIKE. It is pretty far from the pool. Have your walking shoes on.
Hard to find anyplace to buy a newpaper. (I know, I know, it's Vegas, I shouldn't be reading the paper).
The location on the strip is a game-changer, it is pretty far from other areas of interest.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised. However, I probably won't stay there again just because of the location.

Room Tip: West tower is closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hi MVintheHeartland!

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your room during your stay. We are sorry to hear that other areas of your experience fell short of your expectations and invite you to contact us at guestrelations@luxor.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have stayed at Luxor before and would rate the hotel as average for Vegas strip. I was very disappointed in our trip this last weekend.

Good - love the casino and the close proximity to Mandalay, MGM, NY NY. Great slots. Always new ones to choose from.

Bad - we checked in Friday afternoon and couldn't get our key cards because the system was down. No problem we took our bags to the bell service and came back an hour later. More than an hour later the keys were still not available. No problem. Manager takes us to our room. First problem. It was occupied. He called and got another room immediately. Second problem. After he left us we found the bathroom had not been cleaned. Because the view was good and we didn't want to move again I called the front desk. On hold for way too long. Hung up and called housekeeping. It is now about 6pm. They would be right there. We left for a night of fun. At midnight we go back to the front desk to pick up keys. Thanks fully they are ready. I ask the young lady to verify our bathroom had been addressed. Third problem. After a good 15 min. on the phone we find out that it had not been. But they would send someone immediately. The desk attendant didn't even apologize.

I know they are inexpensive for the strip. The rooms are definitely in need of an update. But really?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Star995

Hello Star995,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the casino and find the location of the hotel convenient. We sincerely apologize that other areas of your stay fell below standard. It is concerning to hear about your experience and we have forwarded your review on to our management team. We would value the opportunity to discuss your stay further. If you could send any additional details including your preferred contact information to guestrelations@luxor.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Competent hotel staff, clean room in good condition, quiet. Annoying lines at checking and checkout, mediocre (at best) food, high prices, lots of ways to extract more money, unending cacophony in casino, seemingly everything under repair, and they were definitely not prepared for the convention. Not many gamblers. But cheap!

Room Tip: Elevators climb at an angle. A weird experience. Higher floor quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello Ed B,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your room during your stay. We are sorry that other areas of your experience fell short of your expectations and welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@luxor.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I read mixed reviews and I guess we all have different expectiations, yes the fan did not work in the bathroom and yes there was a missing bulb in the light above the hot tub but they were not important enough for me to deal with. Stayed on 28th floor in a king suite which was everything I expected and more. I think the bed was one of the best ive ever slept in, and yes I could sleep as the rooms are well insulated and noise did not travel. We checked in within minutes of arriving, staff were friendly and helpful, we did not use the pool area so I cannot comment on that, the dinner buffet was excellent and well worth the cost, taxies were plentiful. I did not spend much time in the casino but did enjoy watching the tables for a while and yes people were smoking but here this was their right and if I didnt like it I knew what I could do. If I ever return to Vegas I would have no hesitation in using the Luxor again

Room Tip: Get a high floor if possible
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Irish_Traveller_45!

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your room and found our staff friendly and helpful! Many of our guests enjoy the different dining options at the hotel and we are happy that you had a great experience at MORE the Buffet as well. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your bathroom and invite you to contact us at guestrelations@luxor.com if you are willing to share any additional details about it. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the Luxor this July. We chose the Luxor because we thought the pyramid rooms would be quite neat to stay in. We had made a few room requests which were not met. We had asked to be roomed beside friends and were told there were not rooms available. An hour later when other friends arrived they were placed in an adjoining room to the friends we had asked to be next to. They definitely did not go over and above to accommodate us. The restaurants in the Luxor were not great, the Buffet was fine, nothing special but the food was decent. The shows at the luxor were terrible we chose to find alternate places for shows. The hotel did have a strange oder, and the rooms were just average. It was our first experience in vegas and now know we probably will not stay at the Luxor again. It is at the very end of the strip making walking anywhere fairly long.

Room Tip: We chose the Pyramid room but heard the Tower rooms are a little bit nicer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lkrogers

Hello lkrogers,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your experience fell short of your expectations. We make every effort to provide our guests with their room preferences; however, special requests and specific room types are based upon availability at check-in. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we invite you to contact us at guestrelations@luxor.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great place to stay. Highly recommend it. Hotel is well kept. Very original décor inside and out. Nice staff, clean rooms. Great pool with several lifeguards. Just wish it weren't so far south on the strip but closer to the central part of it where there's more action.

Room Tip: For $37 a night, we couldn't have gotten better rooms - 26th floor of 30 with views of the strip...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Estela R

Hi Estela R!

Thank you for your review. We are excited to see that you had a great experience during your stay over Labor Day weekend and look forward to welcoming you back soon!