“First visit to Vegas!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Myrtle Beach, SC
“First visit to Vegas!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Great deal, lots to Do and see - decent hotel for location, price And bed was COMFY!!
Parking was adequate but need to be pet friendly- little dog is our family he's a part of it .. Needs to be accepted.

• Stayed August 2013
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Suzanne F!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and found the bed in your room comfortable during your stay! We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve and provide the best possible experience for all of our guests. Again, we thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

guestrelations@luxor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,484)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Besides seeing that someone else we met at the Luxor had Cockroaches, and a bit of confusion on the building we were staying in at the Luxor when we first arrived, we have a great time. Staff was helpful at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Savanna M!

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed the hotel and found our front desk helpful during your stay! It is concerning to hear about that guest’s experience and if you would like to send any details to guestrelations@luxor.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I always stay at luxor its the best and I love there pool and cabana its the best I love the LAX nightclub we went there twice its a shame cat house is closed down that was a good club but I prefer LAX that is a night club I will be coming back to very soon

Room Tip: I tiped the cleaning lady everyday because she was wonderful and did a fantastic job
Hi Angela H!

Thank you for your review and welcome back! We are excited to hear that you were able to enjoy the pools and LAX during your recent stay! Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Luxor because some friends wanted to stay there. Overall it was just adequate. I stayed in a Pyramid deluxe room.

Pros: Spacious room of unique design
Sort of near the strip (far end)

Cons: My room was in the far corner on the 4th floor, the window overlooked the AC units and parking garage and the hallway was near a bunch of machinery.
The AC unit was old and rattled, I never succeeded in changing the temperature.
There were leaking pipes some where and I could hear drip drip drip all night
There was a volleyball sized hole in the ceiling
The resort fee was $20 a night and included WIRED internet (no wifi in the rooms) a newspaper you had to go hunt for (not deliver to the room) and access to the fitness center

Overall I wouldn't stay here again, if it were my first time to Vegas on a real vacation I would be very upset about the experience. $20 resort fee gives you next to nothing and I got a terrible view. If you must stay here, get a tower room they are nicer.

Room Tip: Go for the tower
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello TimelessSymphony,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you found your room spacious. We apologize that other areas of your experience fell short of your expectations and we would value the opportunity to discuss your stay further. If you could please send any additional details including your preferred contact information to guestrelations@luxor.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Castle Rock, Colorado, Usa
Reviewed August 28, 2013

They are doing some refreshing in the casino changing the carpet and moving things around. Looking newer and cleaner. I like staying here. Rooms in the towers are great. Just don'. Care for the fact they don't have non smoking casino tables.

1 Thank Joe R
Hi Joe R!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your room during your recent stay! We appreciate your comments as they help us improve and provide the best possible experience for all of our guests. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived in Vegas on our roadtrip and had decided to show the kids The Strip by staying at the Luxor. We found a fantastic rate on a Pyramid Suite so we were very excited about our stay. We managed to find the parking eventually and made our way to the front desk for check-in. Everyone there was quite friendly and got us checked in quickly, which at that time of night, was very appreciated.

We arrived at our room and were immediately surprised that the "separate living area" wasn't actually a second room. It had a bedroom and a sitting area but there was no door separating them. The sitting area was around the corner so there was some separation but not enough to block out light or noise.

We sat in the dark in the sitting area (children were now trying to sleep in the main bedroom area) trying to get the internet to work. For some reason, totally lost on me, the Luxor only has wired internet - no wireless. So, no internet for the iPad but we fired up the laptops and figured we could share the cable. Unfortunately, we couldn't get it working in our room. We called down for some help. Everyone was very friendly but, ultimately, unable to fix our problem. They did offer to send someone up to the room to replace the modem but with sleeping children (the modem was located in the bedroom area of the room) we weren't willing to risk it. I asked if they could just give us a new modem that we could replace ourselves but they said no.

The room itself was fine. The carpet near the air conditioner in the sitting area was soaked. It appeared someone knew this as everything on that side of the room had just been unplugged (with plugs left lying on the floor) and there was a strange awkwardness about the furniture placement that lead me to believe it had just been moved off the wet carpet or perhaps something had been removed the allow it to dry (we didn't have a "2-chair dining set" or armchair) so I believe that's what was removed.

Despite our fantastic rate, our room was most definitely not worth it. We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello TravellingWKidsAB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you found our staff friendly during your stay. We apologize that other areas of your experience fell below standard and we have forwarded your comments on to our management team for review. We would value the opportunity to discuss your stay further and invite you to contact us at guestrelations@luxor.com. Again, we appreciate your review and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was going back and forth about whether to rate the Luxor 3 or a 4- I eventually decided on a 4, mostly because of the very lovely pool area (which is very important to me when I travel). "Oasis Pool" is definitely an apt name- it's beautiful, had ample seating, and provided great relief from the sweltering Vegas heat. But on to more important things...

The building is impressive from the outside. My husband and I vacationed in Luxor, Egypt, a few years ago and thought it would be a kick to stay in the pyramid. Aside from the external experience, there really wasn't much "Egyptian" about it. When we first walked in to the hotel, a very nice man asked if we were checking in, and we assumed he was going to lead us to the check in desk- but he only wanted to direct us to a desk where we could get "free" show tickets (and all we had to do was go to a time share presentation!). We were tired and sweaty after driving from the Grand Canyon, so didn't have much patience for that. When we finally found the check out line, it was long, but they had plenty of people working and it moved very quickly. I thought our room on the fourth floor of the pyramid was maybe a bit dated, but really well maintained- I didn't notice any issues with chipping paint or threadbare carpet as others have mentioned. Even though there were lots of lamps, the room was always a bit dark, but the temperature was comfortable (I saw some other reviews mentioning that pyramid rooms get really hot). We were a bit shocked at the pervasive smell of smoke throughout the building, but we quickly found that is the norm for Vegas, even on the street! A bit strange- they don't offer free wifi in the rooms- there's free ethernet service, which is better than nothing, but I thought it was a bit strange for an otherwise modern hotel.

My only other complaint was that, even with the signs, it was difficult to find your way around- I felt like most of the time they were purposefully misdirecting you so that you couldn't escape the casino. The Luxor is on the far south end of the strip, but it can take forever to walk down the street with the crush of people, and all of the manufactured pedestrian walkways (that, by some coincidence, happy to direct you through every casino).

We got an excellent price- one of the cheaper hotels on our western road trip and by far the most luxurious. They also had a good deal with the adjacent Excalibur- $35 for all you can eat for a day at the buffets in both hotels- we didn't take advantage of it, but it would have been well worth it considering that we paid more than that for sandwiches at the poolside snack bar. I'm not sure if I'll return to Vegas again (once was enough!) but if I do, I'll happily stay here again.

Hi RobinH81!

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us. We are thrilled to hear that had a great experience at the pools during your stay! We value your feedback as it helps us improve and provide the best possible experience for all of our guests. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!