“wow what a place”

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #83 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 2, 2013

from the time you enter to the time you leave, you will find something everyday that amazes you! from the themed rooms to elevators that travel at a angle ( watch out if ya had a drink lol!!)
this is the nices place, spotlessly clean and freindly staff.

top tip on arrival ask for the main entrance as its a maze to find if you dont know!

Room Tip: ask for pool view, lovely quiet rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hi michael b!

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are thrilled to see that you had a great experience at our hotel! The inclinators are unique feature to the hotel and we are glad to know that you enjoyed them. Again, we appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Luxor about seven years ago. We were amazed with the hotel, the room and helpfulness of the staff. There is no way you would get that level of comfort or service for the same money in the UK. The breakfast was truly fabulous and set us up for the whole day. Our son is in LA for a week and The Luxor next week for a week. We have sung it's praises to him. I really hope we can have a return visit someday.
Don't listen to all those picky people, we had a wonderful time. The real Luxor in Egypt is not nearly as good.
Sheila Meek

Room Tip: It was unique fun in the pyramid, the lift is amazing
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hi mackedoodle!

Thank you for your review and welcome back! We are thrilled that you had a great experience at the hotel and look forward to hosting you and your husband again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I really don't have anything negative to say about the Luxor. I had a few bumps in the road getting settled but the hotel mgr bent over backwards to ensure my needs were met. I travel to Las Vegas often for work purposes and I try to stay at a different hotel each time I go. The one bump I had involve the hotel not being WiFi enabled and I will was there for work as mentioned....but they quickly moved me to a room on one of their wifi equiped floors. Apparently they're in the middle of a conversion process. But I was so comfortable and so happy with everything the hotel offered...that I will certainly stay there next time I go. The food selection was great, so convenient to Mandalay Bay, Excalibur, and New York New York. They have an amazing Titanic exhibit, awesome pool, and Chris Angel is there as well. Other than work I really had no reason to ever leave lol.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Suzanne L

Hi Suzanne L!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled that you found the hotel comfortable during your recent stay! Many of our guests find the location of the hotel convenient and we are glad that you were able to agree. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Staying the Luxor was amazing! This is one of Las Vegas faves! It allows you to escape to the Nile River and enjoy the Pyramids of Giza without leaving the US while taking in everything that Las Vegas has to offer. The exotic treasures found in the gift shops are awesome!!! The rooms are ok, the staff is professional, the grounds immaculate and the nightlife is ROCKING!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Luckynluv10!

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you had a great experience at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Wow, what a disappointment.

We booked a one-night stay here, thankfully. I use a hotel room for sleeping basically, so the room with the pretty furnishings from Egypt brought a smile to my face when we entered but I was immediately disappointed to see NO coffee maker. Oh no, tomorrow morning will stink! They want me to go downstairs to a Starbucks to get an $8 coffee!

I'm from the Midwest so my impression of Vegas or at least, what I've always heard, is gambling and all the free food you can eat! Nope, you have to pay for everything in Vegas and at the Luxor, you get absolutely nothing for your money, other than a mattress and shower in the morning.

We were charged some EXTRA 'Resort Fee' at checkout - AND, we paid for wireless that we didn't get. I couldn't figure anything out. We walked clear around one floor before we realized we were in the wrong building even - and NO ONE was helpful whatsoever!

I would never ever go back to this hotel. It is in the thick of things in Vegas, but other than that, too fast-paced and busy and unhelpful and might as well have slept in my car with that kind of service.

We left and went to the Hilton Garden Inn the next day and had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: I can't give any tips to this place. We couldn't figure it out, and there sure wasn't a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Peggy G

Hello Peggy G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay further. If you could send any additional details and your preferred contact information to guestrelations@luxor.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was recommended this hotel - and as one of the most famous hotels in Las Vegas I was really looking forward to staying there. We arrived on Memorial weekend which meant the hotel was very busy - we had had a dreadful journey and found out our booking was wrong and we hadnt got rooms in the pyramid. We stayed in the east tower. the rooms were ok but very dated.

The staff were friendly enough but the place looked shabby and old on the inside - fantastic from the outside ....a shame really - I wouldnt stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Snelly1974

Hello Snelly1974,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are happy that you found our staff friendly. We apologize that we were unable to accommodate your room type. We make every effort to provide our guests with their preferred room type, however special requests and specific room types are based upon availability. We would value the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail and invite you to contact us at guestrelations@luxor.com. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had read many of the reviews on here, so wasnt sure what to expect
. This was my 5th trip to Vegas first time staying at the Luxor as we always try to stay at a different hotel. The Luxor was a great place for our stay. When we arrived the line at check in was very long. However, it moved very quick as there were several (12 or more folks checking people in). Alicia was the lady we dealt with and gave us our first impression of the Luxor. She was super nice and was able to get our group 3 rooms altogether and upgraded all of us...we were in the East Tower....Room was clean, and done so each day...tv was a nice flat screen not many channels, but enough for us. We didnt go to Vegas to watch TV.....Beds were good also...Not much noise in halls at night, elevators were easy to access and never a long wait....the only issue with room was the AC..it just couldnt keep up during the day (but we were not in room much at all during the day) at night it did a decent job....The folks at the sports book were great, especially Jerry...we spent several hours in the sports book the staff took time to talk to us during slow times....the 3 of us were all given comps for the buffet, compliments of the sports book. Jerry and the others all thanked us for playing there and hoped to see us our next trip out....(no we were not high rollers at all) just a nice sports book to bet Dog/Horse races and baseball. Just a fun place to spend time. Free drink tickets for the asking as we spent 5-6 hrs a day in there.....Buffet was ok and much to choose from......food court also had some fast food choices that were ok as well. Poker room was small but had several daily tourneys that are run professionally, and fun to play..Every single employee of the Luxor that we dealt with, from check in to check out were just really great people, willing to help or answer any question etc.....the hotel convenient store staff were also just super nice....you got the feeling the entire staff was happy you were a guest at their hotel....the casino itself was being worked on in some areas, appears they will be adding more slots etc....I want to add not a single time were we approached by any time share people.....When we go to Vegas we always stay at a different place just to experience something different, that would be the only reason that I wouldnt stay here next trip...if I dont stay here I will still come back and play the sports book and poker room here, the people just made it to nice a trip not to return...

• Stayed: July 2013

Hi jdsrf900!

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review. We are thrilled to see that you had a great experience at the hotel and happy that you were able to enjoy the Race and Sports Book during your recent stay! We apologize for your experience with the air conditioning and have forwarded your feedback on to our engineering team for review. We appreciate all of the comments we get from our guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best possible experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!