“Kids loved the Egyptian theme”
Review of Luxor Las Vegas

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #83 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here at the kids choice as they always loved the Egyptian theme.
The reception is nice and the feel is open and the interior architecture is amazing. The front entrance looks like you are walking into the movie 'The Mummy', but with knocks and bumps in a lot of the statues, which give a cheap feel to the hotel.

The room we stayed in was out-dated a little with most of the furnishings looking worn and shabby. Even though the Egyptian theme was seen in details of ceiling and pictures, you noticed a certain emptiness about the room as it felt it lacked furniture, but it was good that the room was nice and big.

Pool was nice, with 2 big pools and a great gym facility too. The shops in main area were great for kids, Mc Donald's, and most foods kids love, Starbucks as well of course (coffee here is like drinking milk, be prepared to pay for extra espresso shots).

Once comparing to other hotel in the area, we realised that we could of stayed in a better quality hotel for the same price like the Venetian or, Paris, as at the time great deals were happening all over the place. We did not spend that much time in our hotel as the idea of Vegas was to get out and see everything. If we did Vegas again, we would be more central on the strip (Luxor is at the start of the strip) possibly Venetian or Paris as these were amazing, no comparison!!

This is an average hotel, I wasn't that impressed with this hotel, but the idea of it is great and once renovated, it would be amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade here as the standard rooms are that great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Luxor had eveything my party was looking for. We went weekend of June 7th 2013. It was 111 degrees! So we were able to stay indoors most of the time! The luxor connects to the Excalibur and Mandalay Bay through use of a tram! So convenient! Had dinner at Tacos and Tequila, decent prices! Also ate at Rice and Company, little more pricey but both conveniently located inside the Luxor Hotel. Free Valet was so convenient and all staff was kind and courteous! We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Service was great rooms were nice got upgraded for free so we could be with our travel partners and since it was our anniversary the A/C Could have been a little stronger and i was not that impressed with Chris Angel's Believe but it was not bad would for sure stay again the next time we go out.

Room Tip: Keep the rooms dark to help them stay cool if you are in a tower room because it can get a little wa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Luxor was the worst stay at any hotel I have every had. The horrible stay was because of lack of a very important thing...Its called responsibility and integrity. The people that were there have minds of children. They should just tell you they are going to steal from you because thats what happens. Its kind of thuggy because of all the deginerates wanting a discount deal. To go deeper my stay; I flew in on a Thursday and checked into my hotel at 2pm, unpacked, hung shirts..etc, took a shower, i took a shower and heard a commosion, looked out and noticed my door at been tampered with. I went down to security who seemed to concerned and asked if I would like to move, I said of course i would, I moved to a new room and when I got to that room I broke out in eye itching and skin irriations from what I dont know...I am not allergic to anything I know of. My 3rd room change was the charm...a whole day of moving around and their response to a comped room request was we are sooo sorry you had this ban expereince my Blevins, your credit card please. Buyer beware of this place. No one should have to go through that experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bill B
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent, totally satisfied.staying at The Luxor Hotel. Friendly staff, excellent food and rooms are the best. My stay at this hotel is most likely to continue as the hotel of my choice. I will always reccomment The Luxor to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Need coffee maker in room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

right location and value for price good casino and workers i will come back in september and stay here clean rooms and good service choice of slot machins and cpffee shop i will tell all my friends to stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had a great time at Luxor, the room was great and the social atmosphere at the pool was the best. Great value compared to other hotels in the area. Also the eat all day pass for the buffet was a great idea.

Room Tip: larger and less noisy rooms in the towers
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple