“Surprising change from last visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Luxor Las Vegas

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #71 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Beach, California
“Surprising change from last visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Last time I visited this resort was Jan 2012, and lets just say it was a less than pleasant visit.
At the M-Life check-in I got this smug bast**d who had some attitude on him. So that trip was ruined because of him, but on a side note Luxor Management did offer me something so I would give them a chance. I didn't use that offer but still managed to visit this month May due to a MyVegas reward.

So for this trip I arrived at about 3:30am on Saturday and was met by a wonderful girl at check-in. The clerk saw that I had two reservations one from an M-Life casino booking(Friday night) and the myVegas room(Saturday night). She checked me in, in what I thought was just the Casino rate room, and I asked her what time I should head back down stairs to check-in to other room. She advised me that she already took care of that, and that I should enjoy my stay, VERY helpful she was and even gave me the Tower room for both the nights.

The tower room closest to the pool is quite a walk to get to and from the casino and registration, but it is super convenient to have quick access to the pool.

Yes there is the $18 resort fee, and yes it does not include wireless, I'm not fond of resort fees but most hotels now on the strip are all charging it so, if you don't want to complain about resort fees just stay in Downtown Vegas (from what i heard no resort fees).

So after this pleasant trip i took and getting treated cordially, this hotel now goes back to my list of favorites up with NYNY(#1 for me).
I would definitely be back and would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: You know... pay for tower room, they are bigger and better than pyramid rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed at 4 Las Vegas Hotels and this has been the best value for room (resort fees included). We stayed in a tower room, which was slightly nicer than the New York, New York and about on par with the Paris. The bed was comfy and had a large bathroom with separate shower and tub. My only complaint was no fridge (you might be able to request) and the AC had trouble keeping up in late afternoon (west facing room). We went to the pool a couple times. It was really crowded the first time (Friday afternoon) and moderately so the second (Monday morning). Be prepared to pay for a pool side chair (starts at $25/each) and drinks ($6-20/each).

This hotel is further down the strip, so be prepared to walk if you want to head north (Bellagio, Ceasars, Wynn, etc). You can take the tram to Excalibur for free, but it is a good 35-45 minutes to Bellagio. Also, make sure to ask for late checkout (free until noon).

Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed 4 nights on the 12th floor in the West tower and had a great view.
The best thing about our room was the comfort of the king bed. By the time you have walked and done all there is to do in a day all you want is some good sleep!
Friendly staff, lots to do, good food everywhere...my only complaints would be the allowance of cigarette smoking and how many rude drunken people that stood in front of our doorway to have their yelling matches while we were trying to get some sleep!
The swimming pools are awesome and the entire hotel is extremely clean.
Express checkout is great too.

Green Features: Since water is a rare commodity in LV I found out that the Luxor has taken measures to conserve water the best they can.
1 Thank gourdess
Andover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Luxor is a medium sized hotel when compared to the big names on the strip but I felt it's positioning is near perfect. It is at the South end of the strip so ideal for the airport and benefits from a free mono-rail to the nearby (newer) Mandalay Bay hotel, and the Excaliber hotel to the North were the strip starts geting really busy.

Room was tired but clean and the maid service was thorough. The trek to the lifts was long and when you got there you did sometime have to wait a while. There were no specific wheelchair/disabled/handica facilities but I had not requested any, I manageg fine.

Beds were comfortable but very high! Air con was struggling but to be fair kept going although it was quite noisy.

Good selection of restaurants for most budgets and various choices of in house entertainment. The pool facilities were really good too.

Shopping facilities at adjacent Mandalay bay are excellent and very accessible from the Luxor.

Summary: Excellent facilities on a sensible budget but due a refit, I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Get near the lifts and as low as possible. Check the AC as soon as you get in your room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Greeley, Colorado, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

stayed in the tower and the room was clean and comfortable. We are return customers and always enjoy the property. like the walkway to the Excaliber and Mandalay Bay. I really enjoy time by the pool, spacious and plenty of sitting room.

Room Tip: the view is great. The pool is big with plenty of chairs. It can be hard to find your way through th...
Lynn Lake, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We arrived may 3 and stayed till may 8. We booked a luxor pyramid, king, I had emailed them directly to request a non smoking room. By ten pm they were out of our rooms, it was our wedding and honeymoon, they upgraded us to a tower room! The checkin line up was long but only took 15 mins, the lady that handled our check in was fantastic. The room was far away from the action, which is exactly what I wanted, had we relieved a room that we booked I feel it would have been loud and smokey. The room had huge soaker tub! The bedding wasn't thick enough so housekeeping brought another blanket for me. The bed was comfortable. The room is in need of some Reno, but even on our romantic trip in Vegas you spend so little time in your room why does it need to be so fancy. It was clean, very quite and smoke free! The casino was alright. It was far away from the action of the main stir, but we got lots of exercise walking. Using the bus and the free trams will save you lots of cab money. We used a cab to get there for the airport, 15 dollars, took the rio 15 dollars each way. So buying a mono rail or bus pass is a good idea. The timeshare people weren't that bad, Mexico is way worse. The stores inside were expensive, but that's how they make their money. There are several fast food choice and resturants to choose from, we went to tacos and tequila and rice, there are seperate reviews for that. The concierge was very helpful arranging things for us. The bellboys were very effienct with our luggage on our last day as we had ten hours before our flight after checking out. We used the pool once as the weather wasn't awesome on our free days in Vegas, the pool was nice, but too cold for me to swim in yet. If I ever returned to Vegas ans the rates were good for the tower rooms I would happily stay here again. Just not sure I'm sold on returning to Vegas yet

Room Tip: For quite, smoke free, and close to the pool choose west tower rooms
1 Thank canadianluvssun
Los Angeles, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Everything was outstanding except the room cleanliness when I checked in.
The location is excellent. The rooms are big and comfortable. The self parking is not clearly marked for first time guests plus there wasn't a lot of parking for the number of guests that were there when I was.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo