“round the clock”

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #84 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is like wonderland action around the clock, however that does not suit everyone. No tea or coffee making facilities in rooms which is a shame for the cuppa in the morning. No worries about not being able to sleep, just pop downstairs and you will find something to do day and night.

Room Tip: Try to have rooms close to lift or stairways, the hotel is so big its easy to get lost.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mary c
Write a ReviewReviews (31,265)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel was very clean and the staff were so helpful. I have stayed there 2 times and always stayed in the pyramid not the tower. The tower is further away and like a maze to get to. The higher you go in the pyramid the shorter the hallways to get to the elevators. The rooms with the suites are very nice and have nice separate sitting areas. The only thing I did not like was the Jacuzzi as they are not working and that was when I was there 2 times in March and September of last year. The best place to eat at the Luxor is Tenders and is up scale. The hotel is at the far end of the strip and is adjoined to the Mandalay Bay Hotel. Hope this helps as I would stay again at the Luxor.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel has been a favorite of mine since I visited it a few months after it opened. I have stayed here more than 15 times since then but sadly think this may be my last time staying there until they have made some serious changes.
It is clear that MGM is not spending money updating the Luxor like it has some of their other properties. This trip I spent the first two nights at MGM and the last night at Luxor. It really underscored how out dated and dingy the rooms are comparatively. Also poor Internet and TV doesn't help.
The common areas, casino, restaurants, shops and such are updated and great. So is Criss Angel Believe. However, I just can't recommend staying there to my friends any more other than when staying for as cheap as possible while remaining on the strip. If this is how they want people to think of the hotel now, a cheap place to stay, then they've done it.

Room Tip: Staying in the Tower Rooms will give you a better bathroom and easier access. However staying in th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank oregonwave
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My title might be a little misleading, although we enjoyed out stay at the Luxor we would not choose to stay there again. The hotel was nice, the staff was friendly & helpful but the location of the hotel was not ideal for us.
We spent a lot of time walking.
So as long as you're aware of that and don't mind walking, or hoping on the Tram to go to Excalibur or Mandalay Bay then you'll probably enjoy this hotel.
The design of the hotel is beautiful! They really put in the effort to make it a charming place to stay. We stayed in the west tower - the rooms were nice, nothing special to look at, but they were clean. The beds were super comfy! The only complaint about the actual hotel is that they do not have WiFi. Which was very inconvenient for us. Not so much to keep in contact with family, but for planning our day. It would have been nice to go on line to find out where things were and plan the day accordingly instead of wondering around or asking the front desk.
Other than that, it was a wonderful vacation and can't wait to go back to Vegas!

Room Tip: Not 100% on this one, but I've heard that the rooms in the towers are nicer because they are new...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ClairMeacher
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved the hotel itself, but we found the housekeeping staff to be very rude. We were just about to get into bed after travelling for 13 long hours, when we noticed the bedding was very dirty, with stains here and there. We called housekeeping and informed them of this, and it took them 45 to get to us, and when they did get to us, they were very rude. Once they had finished changing the bedding, they didn't say anything to us, and just walked out, slamming the door behind them! This made us feel very uncomfortable. The hotel itself was great though. Lots going on.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeslieT898
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Yeah, rooms were cheap, but that's all it had going for it. We had a conference at Mandalay Bay convention center, and they wee sold out, so we went with the Luxor. Mistake. Our company will never stay there again. It is a 20+ min. walk through the casinos and shoppes to get to the convention center. The rooms and carpets are faded, dated, and in bad need of updating. The elevators sound scary and no longer smoothly glide up the side of the pyramid.

Inside the rooms, the chintzy egyptian theme is starting to fade and get worn. My non-smoking room smelled like musty-stale cigarettes, which I take for par in Vegas, but the musty smell I had a hard time placing, and I was congested my entire 5 day stay. Turns out, the night before I leave, I went to look out my angled window and saw that the windowsills were covered in MOLD!! Black, gross, mold all over the metal windowframe.

I took photos, and went down to the desk. The desk manager was a jerk. I showed him the photos and he replied, "Well, i don't know what mold looks like, so I don't know what that is." Idiot! He offered to move me to another room in the place, but I told him that If this room had mold, then the likelihood of all rooms having it was very high.

Next morning when I checked out, i tried that desk guy, and he said that they knew about that problem in all their rooms, but he thought they had dealt with it and they must have missed a room. When I told them I was congested because of the mold, etc. he never offered a discount or anything, it was like they were trained to just accept complaints and ignore people, since they are always sold out, so what was one customer who was concerned vs. thousands of other customers who don't care.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ilikemarkers
Excalibur_Manager, Manager at Luxor Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hi ilikemarkers!

Thank you for sharing your comments. We’re sorry to hear your recent experience with us didn’t meet expectations and would like to get you in contact with our Hotel Management Team. If you could please send any additional details regarding your experience as well as your preferred contact information to GuestRelations@Luxor.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you!

Luxor Guest Relations Team
GuestRelations@Luxor.com

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The architecture of the resort is awesome, and the shoe with Carrot Top was a great show and it's right at the hotel.

They had a cool pool atmosphere, and we won a little coin at the roulette table.

It was a Good trip , thankx to the Luxor !!

It happened to be my birthday weekend, which is the 4th of July. I asked what was a must see during the 4th or where's the firework show going to be... and everybody (locals) said the same thing "what day is it ?" This showed me that in Vegas, they party like it's the 4th of July every day !!

There are fireworks every night !

We got a special on getting into the Club LAX at the Luxor and Big Boi from Outkast was there. My wife and I were stoked !!

They had the human body experience exhibit there while we there as well. super interesting as my wife is a molecular biologist, great to watch her light up around all that science.

The Luxor had something for everyone.

We are going to head back to the Luxor in June 2013, and we already got tickets for the Chris Angel show Believe. We are both super excited to his magic show.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple