“Okay, nothing special.”

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #83 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 16, 2013

First, let me say that my room was $59/night so I'm writing this review from the perspective of getting a really good deal. I may be more tolerant based on that fact.

I stayed four nights in room 8260 in the towers - no strip view but a nice view of the pool. Room was clean and comfortable, furniture in good shape but carpet well worn. Bathroom was roomy and had a lighted magnifying mirror - an important detail for me; nice towels. Two closets, good TV, clean drawers; bed was fairly comfortable with a couple options for pillows.

Check-in went smoothly, good service. Got to my room and was surprised to see there was no mini fridge (I heard it was $50 to get one) and no coffee maker. I kept my water and coffee drink on ice in the sink at night because the ice bucket was too small to hold a liter size bottle of water and ice at the same time.

The hallways are pretty beat up but clean for the most part. Other than the persistent helicopters flying over the property, it was pretty quiet in my room (I was at the far end of the hall).

When checking in, I was not told about internet connectivity. It was four days before I realized there was a cord behind the TV where I could 'connect' to the internet for free. If you try to get wi-fi, you will be charged by a third party.

I was traveling on business and was very busy all week so I only needed a good place to sleep and shower; for that purpose, I was quite satisfied.

Room Tip: I chose the towers based on advice from reviewers here, saying that the tower rooms were newer. If...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mariadelcabo

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here for thanksgiving in 2012. Price was pretty cheap during that time. Hotel is nice but is starting to show its age. Didn't want a hotel in the middle of strip cause of all the people. The Buffett wasn't very good here.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you want style and indulgence stay at the Bellagio or the Venetian but Im happy with a clean , friendly and cool hotel casino like the Luxor . I stayed in the pyramid on the 27 th floor facing up the Strip , with a view of both the Empire State Building and the Eiffel Tower from my room. Some people may say that I'm easily pleased but I would say that I appreciate everything that goes into making a hotel stay , a great hotel stay !
If you want free wifi then I would recommend the Public House pub next to the reception or the food court at the Excalibur Hotel next door.
Your room key card also doubles as a elevator key card ! The room is also equipt with a safe. Check out the TV too , you can do all sorts on it , from checking you room bill to booking out on your last day.

Room Tip: To be honest I think a view of the Strip is the best but if you like a nice sunrise over the mountai...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very nice hotel,the only issue was the room was very dusty,apart from that i would highly recommend this hotel.The location was perfect as we could access Mandalay Bay hotel,the Excalibur very quickly.It was also in a quiet area and not right near the centre of the strip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I went to Vegas to meet up with a girlfriend from California I had not seen in years. I booked a "package" with airfare and hotel, and the Luxor was a good value. Our Tower room was spacious and clean, although they need to have grab bars in the shower. We rented a wheelchair as my girlfriend had trouble walking and the wheelchair made getting around a lot easier - a lot of walking if you go to Vegas. Taxis were readily available and we took the wheelchair with us to other casinos/hotels. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed the buffet and some good free drinks at one of the bars on the Casino floor. I liked that this hotel is close to the airport. Overall a good value. Please note, however, ALL CASINOS IN VEGAS ARE VERY SMOKY. If you have a problem with smoke or are allergic, do not go to Vegas, as you cannot avoid smoke filled areas.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms are nice, but it is a walk from the elevators to the lobby/casino floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Luxor is a great place and very affordable. I recommend this hotel to anyone but stay away from having a room by the elevator. Can be noisy from time to time. I wish it were just a little closer to the center of the Vegas Strip. All in all, can't go wrong at the Luxor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had a blast staying here lots of fun things to do.
I was a winner at the slots so it made it even better :)
Love the valet service so easy to get in and out
Crazy elevators though...hang on and enjoy the ride

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family