“Very good stay”

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #84 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We just needed a room for one night to catch a flight home after visiting Zion and Bryce Canyon, so had no interest in gambling, drinking, etc, just a cheap comfortable room. I'd heard mixed reviews of the Luxor, but our room was very, very nice - clean, quiet and comfortable. We requested a tower room, not the pyramid, so thanks to Tripadvisor for that tip! Yes, there is the pesky resort fee, but we were prepared for that, and the otherwise well-appointed room had no coffeemaker. Check in involved waiting in a long line for over 30 minutes. But, all in all, it was a fine stay.

Room Tip: Upper floor tower room was great, and quiet. I don't know what the pyramid rooms are like, but t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (31,269)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the Luxor when it opened. I thought it was a great place with its Egyptian themes. The elevators were inclinators as all the rooms are slanted like the pyramid. It was new and interested.

However, as part of the MGM empire, Egypt has taken a back seat to New York, Italy(Bellagio), etc and it shows. The carpets are stained and dirty, rooms are average. When you are in debt to your eyeballs, its hard to renovate.

Best part of this hotel is its proximity to the restaurants at Mandalay Bay...Other than that, like the old Egyptian empire, its time has passed

Room Tip: Get it cheap
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Out of all the places I've been in America and all of the foreign countries I have visited I can honestly say the Luxor (one of the cheapest hotels I've stayed in) had the most amazing beds, pillows and linens. The casino is pretty smokey and the decor is a little cheesy but the beds are so comfortable!!! I have a horrible back but I actually could lay in their beds all day!
I feel like they used there Reno. budgets on the beds and 3D slot machines rather than the dated fixtures, but I enjoyed the good sleep.
Do not get the buffet!! It is really over priced and it typical cafateria food. The one thing that annoyed me the most about the hotel was that they had 3 locations where their employees hassled you and tried to sell you time shares or pay for a trip for next year, today.
The waiters and bar tenders for the casino were kind of rude. But that's about it.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The rooms are in need of an update. I've never slept on a mattress this soft in any hotel, as a result I've had a back ache that hasn't improved in the 2 days since I got home. I thought it was a good value but I'd pay double to not have a bad back. They also don't tell you about the "resort fee" when you make reservations. This seems to be a popular Las Vegas hotel scam. The buffet was also poor. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SkyRollLuggage
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at Luxor a few times years ago and remembered feeling that the rooms were nice and clean, but thought they would be past their prime by now. Well, even though the rooms could use a bit of a makeover, they are clean and well appointed for the rate.

The bathroom is marble with a separate tub and shower. The products/toiletries aren't the best, but I bring my own anyway so this isn't an issue. The towels were fluffy and soft.

The room itself was great as there is a nice TV console with a 46" flat screen. On either side, are armoire type closets with lights that turn on when you open them. There were two comfy chairs and a table for sitting and reading or working. The beds were comfortable and cozy.

As the title says, the room and hotel overall exceeded my expectations!

The only negative is that the check-in line was extremely long at 1AM when we were already very tired.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cilantro49
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband chose and booked the Luxor,Las Vegas as a surprise 50th birthday trip. After reading some reviews my initial excitement for the holiday and hotel was quickly dashed by the comments i read. However, the Luxor was amazing ! Rooms were good, spacious with good storage , very clean with comfy beds and pillows. The location was great,as some people had written that the Luxor was a good 20 minute walk from the strip,we were surprised to find IT WAS NOT. These people must either be exremely lazy or want everything on the doorstep ! Check in was good, no waiting at all, but could imagine a bit of a wait some times with the amount of people we saw checking in during our stay.
We did not eat in the hotel but there are several different places to eat.Although a bit pricey. Our Virgin rep told us about Denny's diner about 10 mins away,near the MGM hotel. You have got to have breakfast there, FAB. The Fatburger diner is also good, with typical American portions. We were able to check out the night before departure but keep our room key "open", good idea as the queue to check out the next morning was LONG. When we left getting a taxi was easy with no wait.
Las vegas is amazing. We had an excellent holiday and would definately stay at the Luxor again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all. Hence my tittle. Seriously. This place was disgusting. I stayed here when I was younger and it was not nearly as bad. My husband wanted to check out this hotel. Probably for its neat shape, but we quickly learned. If it wasnt at the last leg of our trip we probably would have lost money and stayed elsewhere. Alas, we changed rooms twice and finally recieved a "satisfactory" tower suite room. What they said was the best suite in hotel. Help me. If this is truly the case. The jacuzzi tub was out of order and the shower head was squeaky and spit water rather than streamed it. The whole aura was weird. Very dark old fashioned. Will never stay here again let alone visit.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple