“OK for a short stay”

Ranked #75 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“OK for a short stay”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Luxor for two nights as part of our road trip. We were due to stay in a Pyramid room but the receptionist moved us to a Tower room as she said that there was building work and it would be quieter. The room was very big, comfortable and with a good bathroom. There was some noise from the room next door but as we were so jet lagged it didn't matter. The hotel is in a good location for the airport. It is one of the nearest. Expect to pay $ 20 in a cab from the airport, $15 to the other side of the strip (Treasure Island). The breakfast at the Mandolin Bay buffet restaurant was good value in the week and the hotel is of much higher quality. The restaurants and ambience of the hotel were basic and not luxury. It is good value and fine for a short stay but if we stayed again we would consider Paris, which we felt although themed and not as costly as the Venetian or Bellagio was of a higher quality than the Luxor.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,568)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Yelm, Washington, Usa
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stay at the Luxor regularly on my trips to Vegas.
I have always had a clean room, good service and friendly interaction with employees. The Luxor offers fair prices & good value. It is not the highest end Casino but more like a mid priced establishment. I'd rather spend less money on a room I only see when I sleep in it, than pay out the butt for a room i'll only be sleeping in and have more money to spend on shows or shopping. Besides I dont go to Vegas to sit in my room. But as stated Luxor has always been clean, comfortable and accomodating in every way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Billie M
Flora, In
Reviewed February 21, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, we were anxious about staying at Luxor. However, we were very happy with our trip! We stayed in the West Tower, providing a beautiful view of the mountains. It is definitely worth requesting the view. We arrived by 9:00 a.m. They would have checked us in right away, but we chose to wait to see if we could get that view, which an hour later we did. The pools are closed in January and February, which was disappointing but I had seen this before we left. They were repairing them so I'm sure they will be beautiful soon. The casino, while still loud & typical casino atmosphere, was quieter than some of the others on the Strip. We enjoyed coming back to a bit more relaxed atmosphere at the end of the day. Be prepared to walk. Everything is large and spread out, even if you stay in the hotel. Bus system is $8/day currently. Lots of busses but they are slow (lots of stops). As long as you aren't trying to hurry to a show, it's worth saving your feet. Our room was large & spacious, tons of storage. The bathroom had a deep tub and a separate large shower (big enough for 2). There's no coffee maker, fridge, or microwave. We packed a small coffee maker in our suitcase - saved tons of money vs going to one of the three Starbucks every morning. There are lots of folks there wanting you to sit through their timeshare presentation. Go for it. Be patient, know that it will last at least 3 hours (free food though), SAY NO, and you will be rewarded with freebies. Luxor is not the most glamorous hotel on the strip, but for us it was perfect. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tiaturner
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Me and 2 girlfriends went to Vegas in July for 3 nights. We stayed at The Luxor. It was great, the rooms were nice, cleaned daily and cleaned well. Beds were comfortable. There were many amenities right in the hotel so you could find everything. The pool was wonderful. We stayed on the 23rd floor of the pyramid section. Not the greatest if you have a fear of heights, as the halls are open on one side and you can look down into the lobby, casino and restaurants area. I had a hard time with this but I walked very closely to the wall side and didn't bother looking over and it got me to and from my room just fine haha! The only downside about this hotel is that it is near the end of the strip, however, there is a shuttle bus that rides up and down the strip you can hop on and off of it all day for one small fee. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York, Usa
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Luxor was an amazing experience. Right on the strip, we had a clean, comfortable room in a beautiful hotel with so many choices of shows to see. I would have liked in room coffee service but the many Starbucks in the hotel made that not a big issue. Otherwise, a great choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah, Usa
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was an excellent experience, and would go back due to good rate. Me and my husband were there for our honeymoon and we think the room were nice, the bedding were great, cleanliness was excellent and the service was exceptional! We really enjoyed the comfort they provided. But they missed out on three things:
- They do not offer breakfast in your stay. You have o pay quite some money to eat in the Buffet.
- The nice restaurants are closed at 10pm. Way too early for Las Vegas.
- They also do not offer Internet in your room. If you want it you have to pay apart to have Internet. What?!
We really disliked these things!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca S
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed February 20, 2013

As an early luxurious hotel in LV, Luxor really needs large-scaled renovation. Stayed here for two nights with my family, we were assigned to the east tower. Room is spacious but the decoration and furniture were terrible. I had a chair with a hole on the cushion, and guess what, I found a drop of blood on it. God knows who stayed here before me. No coffee maker in the room is terrible while you want two drink something. No WiFi in the public and in room. Luxor's location is away from the Paris, Bellagio, Aria, or Venetians, so you have to take taxi if you wanna visit this hot places. Buffet was under normal and service was bad. The only reason you should choose Luxor is its price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family