“Nice Hotel, but lacks”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oak View, California
“Nice Hotel, but lacks”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The room was nice and comfortable and very clean. It lacked certain necessaries (for me) when i stay at a hotel. It had not frig or in room coffee maker. I had to trek down to the Starbucks every morning for extremely overpriced coffee (double regular Starbucks prices.) Everything was a trek and there was not assistance with bags to room. The parking was a good two block walk away from the room. It was usual vegas style to keep you walking thru the casino. we stayed in the tower which are far nicer than the old rooms (according to my wife.)

Room Tip: stay in the towers
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,566)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Emmons, Minnesota
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed in the main part of the hotel this time. Rooms are worn and took a long time to get hot water in the morning, but the room itself was inexpensive. Well worth the little bit of extra money to upgrade to a Tower Room-and bring your own coffee maker, as there are none in the rooms(tower rooms do not have coffee makers either)

Overall this trip neither my husband or myself were pleased. From the minute you enter the hotel there are people harassing you to buy timeshare, cosmetics, all kinds of crap that you do not need, and the Luxor knowingly ALLOWS this to happen because these people are independent of the hotel and pay the Luxor(MGM) fees to rent space. Don't even waste your breath mentioning it to management, as they just shrug their shoulders and apologize.....whatever.

Another thing for all of the ladies out there, do NOT buy your cosmetics, skin care as so on from those people. You can get the same products on amazon.com for 5 times less that what these people are trying to sell them to you for- i looked it up on my smartphone

Lastly, when you get your cab from the airport to go to your hotel-cost for us was just over $15 for private cab-make sure you stop at the gas station/convenience store to buy necessary things like pop, water, beer. Beer was usually $8 for a single bottle in casinos. Look for buckets that are usually 5/$15. Water at the hotel was upwards of $3 for 1 bottle.
For us the money part was not a huge deal, but if you are a younger person it can be very expensive

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for a Tower Room. They are much nicer that the ones in the hotel
Curitiba
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel is well located, free parking lot, even the vallet parking. The pyramid rooms are better. As all Vegas hotels you have casino, shops, bars and restaurants, but just average. No wifi free, no safe box in the rooms.Express check out works fine.

Room Tip: The attraction is the price.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California, USA
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Worthwhile to stay here what with the location being so close to other options and the tram making it easy to get around. We found the food
at the buffet to be great and the rooms were clean and comfortable. A good assortment of slots to play of all denominations, but finding a
redemption machine to cash your ticket out was difficult. Overall, a very
pleasant trip.

Thank p.s. b
Cleveland, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Room was dull and casino is dark and boring, everything was sooo expensive and the bloody sales people trying to get us to go to Timeshare's was annoying to say the least! will not be staying again. Stay at Circus , its just as far down the street as luxor and more fun and better value

Room Tip: Stay at Circus Circus instead
Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2012

On my only other previous trip to Las Vegas, I had stayed at The Venetian, so I was really expecting a severe downgrade with the Luxor. However, my husband and I were very pleased with nearly every aspect of our stay.

The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The bathroom was spacious with marble countertops, a walk-in shower, and a bathtub (which we didn't use). The room temperature was easy to set and -- unlike so many hotels -- it wasn't freezing when we walked in, which I really appreciated.

We ate at the Pyramid Restaurant for breakfast where I had THE BEST ciabatta, bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich (I'm seriously still dreaming about it). We also ate at the Public House sports bar. I had been expecting basic bar food -- the logo of the restaurant is, after all, about as genaric looking as it could possibly be -- but we really liked our food. My husband got a chicken sandwich and fries on an onion roll, and I had a VERY tasty brie and turkey sandwich on fresh soft wheat bread. If either of these restaurants were in our hometown, we'd frequent them, and we'd definitely return if we were nearby on our next Vegas trip.

My only one complaint was room service. After a rough night on Friday, I couldn't make it downstairs to eat on Saturday, so I called room service. After being told -- at an off time -- that the wait was 45-55 minutes, I was told that there was no credit card on file for my room (which wasn't true) and that the room service system only accepted cash. Not that I wanted to pay $18 for chicken noodle soup and soda, but still....

By choosing to stay on the strip, you agree to long walks from the front of the hotel to your room, so while it's an annoyance, there was no surprise. All in all, the walk to our tower room wasn't too bad.

Room Tip: Stay in a tower room -- AVOID the Pyramid!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
University Place, Washington
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Fun place to stay, got a great rate on the internet and wanted to stay longer than we could. Was a little too far from the actual strip but we
sure liked it. We especially liked the restaurants and food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends