“Disappointing”

GreenLeadersSilver level
colborne
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

No wi fi available, no coffee makers in the room, room was dirty upon check in when we called for a new room they said they were sold out, you cannot take a luggage trolley unless you pay the bell hop to come with you. Good luck finding a parking spot and then walk 5 miles to your room. Towels had a weird smell to them. No safe in the room, downstairs only. Huge line ups for check in and check out. The pools are 3 feet deep and close at 6pm One bartender was so rude I should have reported him to the manager. Reasonable waitress service while gambling. We did not eat at the resort so no comment there. No free computer service to print out flight tickets or anything. You have to walk through the lobby to get to the pool, therefore you get to wear your bathing suit and clothes, it took me 15 minutes to find the pool. There was nothing in the room that showed the amenities or the location of them in our room.

Room Tip: We heard the west wing was renovoted???
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sam m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

The rooms are average but the bed is comfortable. The hotel is suitably located in Las Vegas Blvd. South which is very near to the strip. It has in-house coffee shop, restaurants, mall, casinos and best of all is the concept which is Ancient Egypt. One will get plenty of free discount coupons for the greatest shows/ activities when you stay in the hotel. I have found this a nice, comfortable and convenient place to stay in LV.

Room Tip: higher rooms are better
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed in the pyramid for a long weekend. The room was ok, and we felt like it needed a good updating. It was clean and spacious, but had an older TV (not that you spend much time watching it) and would not cool down to an acceptable temp. Our room faced the airport, which was ok, And it allowed us to enjoy the sunrise.

The hotel is at the end of the strip, so a good walk or cab ride is in store if you really want to check things out. The ability to walk to the Excalibur and Mandalay bay inside is good, and allows for some late night fun without having to worry.

The pool os very nice, and e clientele is something you would expect to see on an MTV show. It made for an interesting afternoon.

I would try the hotel again, but I think being closer to the middle of the strip may be a better choice. The Luxor is a great buy.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

I just recently stayed at the Luxor for my 5th visit to Las Vegas. I like this part of the strip and have also stayed at Excalibur and Mandalay Bay. Luxor is my least favorite. The tower deluxe room was pretty small, but comfortable. I stayed in the West Tower and its a pretty decent and inconvenient walk from casino to room compared to other hotels. The buffet is mediocre at best. If thinking about the buffet, I would definitely recommend getting the all-day buffet pass and going over to the Excalibur buffet, trust me it's waaaaayyyyy better!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We were able to get our room for a really good rate and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. Very clean, quiet and comfortable. We love staying in the Luxor because we don't notice the smoke as much as other hotels in the area. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We checked into the Luxor March 2nd @ 1:30 am for my husbands 30th bday and mini vaca as new parents of our 2 month old!!!! We were upgraded from a Pyramid to a Tower room. We threw our bags in the room and hit the town. We didn't get back until 6am or so. We slept for a few hrs and headed back out the same morning, around 10am. We ended the night around 1am March 3rd. When I woke up March 3rd around 9am I noticed a few red itchy marks on my shoulder blade and shoulder. I disregarded assuming it was from a chain purse I wore the night before.

I woke up March 4th scratching all over my body. When I examined my body, I had over 10 bite marks!!!! I knew it had to be bed bugs!!!!!! My husband also experienced a few bite marks. We contacted the front desk security came and took pictures of the marks, and we both filed a report. We were upgraded to a Primier Suite, which was gorgeous!!!!

A few days after our arrival home, we were contacted by the Luxor informing us that there were in fact bed bugs in our room!!!!! We were given 5 days 4 nights complimentary stay valid for 2 years, but we are debating if we are going to take it because we never want to experience that again!!!!!!

All in all the rooms were nice, service was ok. We had a GREAT time minus our unwanted visitors!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

On our most recent trip to Las Vegas, we ended up staying at three different hotels on the strip. The Luxor was as good as any of them, and narrowly missed out on being the best.

We were given a free upgrade to a tower room. Because we had booked a pyramid room at a reasonably good discount, I have to say that we ended up getting quite a bit more than we paid for. The only real issues I had with the room were the lack of a safe (but you could get safety deposit boxes at the front desk) and the lack of wireless internet (which wasn't a huge problem for us, given that we had a notebook computer which could use the wired internet).

On the plus side, our two queen bed room was very nice and otherwise completely exceeded our expectations. The "egyptian" decor was attractive and the bathroom was large (with a large tub and separate shower) and very nicely done. We had a decent view of the airport and the mountains beyond.

We tried the buffet at the hotel, purchasing a one day buffet pass for one of our days. The pass is not super cheap, but it does allow you unlimited visits to the buffets at the Luxor and Excaliber. The buffets are not as good (and also not as expensive) as the one at the MGM Grand, but are still quite acceptable, in my opinion. I especially liked the breakfast buffet as it had quite a few breakfast options. The dinner buffet had prime rib, which was cooked just about perfectly in my opinion. If you want to save money on meals, there are quite a few options in the hotel and in the connected Excaliber hotel, including a food court with the usual fast food options.

As just mentioned, you can walk to both the Excaliber and the Mandalay Bay hotel without going outside. You can therefore get to the New York, New York and MGM Grand fairly easily by using the external walkways. There is a free monorail which connects the Luxor, Excaliber and Mandalay Bay hotels.

The self parking only has two levels, but it did not fill up while we were there.

The timeshare sales people seem to be everywhere and are a bit more aggressive than in other strip hotels, in my opinion. With a little vigilance, they can be avoided (or not, if you want to take them up on their offers). Just be skeptical of anyone who leads with a promise of a free or discounted show and take a look at their name tags, which identify them as employees of a timeshare agency and not the hotel.

All in all, it was an excellent stay. It is probably the best value I have ever gotten in a hotel room on the strip.

Room Tip: Get a tower room if you can.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple