“Very cool hotel, good value!”
Review of Luxor Las Vegas

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #77 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tacoma, Wa
“Very cool hotel, good value!”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I got a package deal through Expedia for my girlfriend's birthday: 2 round trip tickets from Seattle and two nights at the Luxor for $590. I thought this was a pretty decent price, but from what I've heard a better deal could be sought. I was satisfied though. The Luxor in my opinion is one of the coolest hotels on the strip. It may not be as extravagant as some of the others like the Venetian, the Bellagio, or Wynn; but just walking up to this giant black pyramid with a ominous sphinx makes one realize, "this may be the coolest hotel experience I've ever had!". The room itself was better than expected: we stayed in the tower deluxe which had a king sized bed, large TV, a couple of chairs, large closets, and a pretty great shower (we thought). We really didn't spend all that much time in the room, we were out and about mixing it up, losing money left and right! Vegas is by far one of the most expensive places I've visited. Bring your credit cards folks, a deal is hard to find!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,605)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed at the luxor in November and when we checked in the guest services agent offered as what we thought was upgrade to find out it was a standard room although it had a great bathroom the room itself was average it needs a good deep cleaning the floors were quite dirty but the customer service was really good. The Casino was great the manager working the players club was absolutly wonderful I dont think I have ever met someone who loves their job as much as she does besides me of course I am a general manager of a hotel and I am a big customer service gu ru. We only ate at two places in the hotel Tacos and Tequila which was amazing and then the little cafe in the casino which was not so good. Please take this review as feedback on the hotel I would definatly stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Stay in the Pyramid rooms non smoking as from what I have heard they are way nicer then the tower ro...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Crystal H
Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The hotel was very nice. Price was very reasonable. Room was updated and very clean. We stayed in a non-smoking King room in the pyramid. The casino was also very clean, and well kept. However, at times the smoke got to us. Being non-smokers presents that problem in all casinos in Vegas. We did not find the buffet to be that great, and the food in the cafe was average at best. Don't order the coffee. It is terrible.I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the pyramid were cool, and surpisingly quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
DC
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The room was really nice and I loved the pool! Great location on the Strip. Good nightlife scene too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DCbella85
Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Overall the room was standard,most people talk about the televisions or high speed hookups in the rooms but if your in vegas your really there for a couple of reasons. One is to gamble and two is to enjoy the restauarants and sights that dot the strip. overall the Luxor was a very nice hotel to enjoy meals and to hit the casino.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room closer to the elevators,not to many and had to walk it seemed a quarter of a m...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Ronald D
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I loved this hotel. close to all the action on the strip. Service was slow, food could have been better. For the price it was a deal. no complaints when all is balanced out. Great times. this hotel has it all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Ron K
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed 1 night over the Thanksgiving weekend, the room was nice the problem started when I returned home to find a $509.00charge on my visa statement for a $55.00 a night room. I have called and spoke to the customer service department. Each time I call nothing from the prior call is notated so I am stuck starting over. The problem is that I was charged as if 15 people stayed in the room when in fact 2 were in the room. Each rep agrees this is what happened but I have been unable to get this resolved.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family