“Nice, clean, low cost room in Las Vegas”

Fremont Hotel and Casino
Ranked #105 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Fremont hotel was our first Downtown Las Vegas hotel that we stayed at. The room was basic & clean. Bathroom was pretty small, but served our needs. We had a lower floor room on the side facing Binions. Unfortunately The taxi pick up area for Binions was right outside our window - we had to deal with Cab's blowing their horns pretty much all night.

When staying at Fremont, ask for a room that does not face Binions and you should be OK. The location in the center of the FSE cannot be beat. I would not hesitate to stay in any Boyd properties.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 16gauge
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed August 11, 2010

Wife and I stayed here this past weekend for 2 nights free. It was pretty much a no frills room with a small room and bathroom. The TV was pretty old and small. Overall, the room was clean. We did not hear much noise outside our rooms and there werent any skecthy characters running around the floors. Tony Romas is pretty bad although the Paradise Buffet was a pleasant experience. If you want Bellagio quality, then go to Bellagio (which we did) but if you want an inexpensive meal, its fine. Casino was a lot of fun and we did most our gambling here. My suggestion is as follows: If you get a freebie, or Golden Nugget is charging high prices during your visit, stay the freemont. Then check into the Golden Nugget for the $39 rate during the week.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank M3Prince
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We checked in late and the desk clerk was lovely, we were upgraded to a suite because there was no more non smoking rooms. The room was nice and clean but I have now stayed twice at this hotel and the air conditioner is a little weak making the room stuffy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alliecat12
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I stayed there for a week with my daughter, no pool, no deals for staying there for my duration and there were no types of kids specials for my 9 year old. I had a coupon for buy one meal, get the other at 50% off. I had to pay for an adult meal for my daughter, but couldn't use the coupon, because she wasn't 21 years old. Was it because there was alcohol served? No, she wasn't 21 years old, so the coupon didn't apply to her, but I still had to pay adult price for her, right, no thanks. We never at there for the whole week.

Needed a refrigerator, wasn't enough plugs in the hotel room for phone charging, computer hookup, lights, tv, clock and refrigerator. We had to unplug a couple items.

Last day leaving and I needed to use cart to carry luggage to my car. Went downstairs to front desk and asked may I use the cart. The Rep at the counter said that the Bellhop would be right back, they are understaffed today (even though it's 4th of July weekend?). I stated that I was in a hurry, the Rep stated that for insurance reasons that guests aren't allowed to use the carts without a Bellhop, they are paid for assist guests in that way. I completely understand, but I couldn't wait, so I just brought everything down myself. I had 2 luggages for each my daughter and I, our laptop bags (2), bag of food (1 big bag), gifts we bought, purses, we had a total of probably about 10 bags. Got downstairs, had everything in front of the elevator. Bellhop and Rep behind the counter watched me bring everything out of the elevator. I went to the front desk again in front of the Bellhop and asked could I use the cart again. Now, I would think that someone looking at a woman and a girl bring 10 bags out of the elevator would bring the cart over (mind you there were no customers at this time) and just assist them in loading the cart and taking it to my car. I assumed wrong. Once again, the Rep said that I cannot let you use the cart without the Bellhop, but the Bellhop just stood there and stared at me. I said, 'you see my things there.' He said again, we can't let you use it for insurance reasons. Then the Bellhop says, 'You can't use my cart without me." I just looked at them both and I was about to say, "Do I need to ask?", but then I stopped and just began picking my things up and taking them to me car myself. The Valet helped me place my bags in my car. I went back to speak to the Rep, but by then he had a customer. So I gave the Valet a $20 tip. For doing his job and the Bellhop's job (according to the insurance provision said the Rep behind the counter).

I will never stay there again and I will recommend not staying there if you have any children, if you expect courtesy, initiative, respect, and to not have to get on your hands and knees and beg for help.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank kkndmagee
Reviewed July 24, 2010

After two nights in the hustle and bustle of the strip and then another two nights in the crowded Golden Nugget, the Fremont was a welcome relief. So call me an old fuddy-duddy but I am what I am. I drove my rental car up to the valet (no self-park at the Fremont) who whisked it away promptly. I walked the 20 steps to check-in where my room was ready even though I was there early in the morning. The tower elevators are just another 20 steps from check-in and I was in my room about 10 minutes after arrival. Of course this was a Thursday morning and I'm sure that it's not quite that quick during busy weekend times.
The Fremont is an older hotel and not luxurious by any standard. However the room was clean and roomy enough even though it was a tad on the worn side. Hey it was under $ 40.00 a night when I was there. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean, and the TV worked! The noise level from the street at night can be a little bothersome, but it quiets down after midnight. It's in the middle of Fremont street action so that's to be expected. Ask for a floor on the upper floors and away from the street to avoid the noise.
The staff in the hotel and the casino was courteous, friendly, and helpful all around. It's a much slower pace than the strip and a much older demographic during the week. The buffet is very nice and very inexpensive. There was no “resort fee” added to the bill. The Fremont is part of the Boyd chain so your B-Connected players card works in all of their casinos. Your points build up and they are more generous than many other players clubs. I am a confirmed “Low Roller” but still was able to trade points for buffets since they discount the buffet if you pay with points!
The Fremont's location on Fremont Street is convenient to all of the other downtown casinos and that's what I love about downtown. If your luck's run cold at one table or machine, another casino is but a few steps away. After the sun goes down there is the fabulous Viva Vision screen over the street which gives new meaning to "Music Video". This is music you don't just hear and see, it's music you FEEL!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Alan S
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed at the Fremont for five nights in July 2010. We had two rooms. Upon checkin (at 11 AM in the morning) we were given connecting rooms on a high floor like we asked. The halls of the hotel were very clean. The rooms themselves were well decorated and clean ( as well as cold which is a must in Vegas in July!) They were cleaned each day. Yes, they are a little on the small side, especially the washroom, but I found them to better than previous reviews had said. I also found the hair products to be good. I would have liked a couple more coat hangers in the closet, and the sound on both tv's was a bit staticy. Otherwise it was a great stay - especially at under thirty dollars a night!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank bigred4770Toronto
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I stayed for free and had four free buffet tickets so I can't complain. The rooms were small but updated. The bathroom is the smallest I've seen but clean. The front desk was efficent. The parking valets were great. But that little bitty old fashiond tv thats smaller that my pc screen is pathetic. The advertise a flat screen on their website but when you get in it back to the 90's. Stay on a higher floor and the noise isn't bad. I will be back, I've stayed here 5 times, 3 for free. The buffet is better than the last time I came too.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple