“Good Stay”

Ranked #105 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ennis
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Room was ready upon arrival. Asked and received a room at end of hall and away from Fremont Street noise. Room was very clean and adequate. Yes the rooms are on the small side but we don't go to Vegas to stay in our room. I require a clean room with good shower. And you can't beat the price. Centrally located in middle of Fremont Street. Enjoyed ourselves as always. Staff was friendly. Plenty to do and you can walk from one place to another without paying for buses or taxis. Hopefully will return this summer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OCbusdriver9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Korean first
Carson City, NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

The price is right and the room was very clean. Free valet parking is very convenient, especially if you intend to stay for a while and not need your car. The bed, though, had a "broken" mattress. It had a huge indent and no support in a large area corresponding to where one sits to get up. On the up side, this hotel does not charge the rip-off "resort fee." Good for them.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and could not hear the Fremont Street Experience at all. Very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fantumfighter
Tiffin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Now remember I booked this Hotel through Travelocity in April 2013 and that is what I reccommend if you are interested in going to Vegas for New Years. Book no later than July unless your a big roller, were not; however we do get some comps and try to set up our trip as resonable as possible. We arrived Saturday December 28 at 8am and stayed the first 4 nights at the Fremont; although we have gambled there many times we have never actually stayed there. Booking this property off the internet and no comps I think we got a fair price at a good property. The rooms are small but clean with everything you need, we paid 35$ for Saturday, 40$ Sunday 100$ Monday and 125$ New Years Eve. Anytime I book a trip I continually check seveal websites weekly to see if I can cut price or upgrade for the same price that goes for rental car and hotel; usually I book non-refundable airline tickets because they are cheaper.
The one thing that bothered me was the Fremont did not give us passes for the NY Eve Party on Fremont now 40$ a person not even a discount.Two years ago we stayed at the D and were given free passes/wristbands, 20$ back then; however I heard that you could buy
passes on the internet for a discount of 20$ a ticket ahead of time. 80$ for 2 no way we opted to go to the strip right in front of the Paris, no charge yep you guessed it were cheap.
Upon arriving in Vegas we went to the Rental Car Terminal and got are weekly rental at the Thrifty booth $245 for the week. We prefer to use a car as once you know the city and the main roads it is a piece of cake to drive in Vegas. We went to South Point, Alliante, Palace Station, Jerry's Nugget, Ellis Island, Orleans etc. We do that cause it is fun and keeps the comp mail coming in. Parking for New years Eve cost 0$ as we showed our Ellis Island players card and parked in their garage; walked to the strip Bally's area and enjoyed the strip on NYE we both thought it was orderly and safe and will definitely return. Don't worry about parking as there was a lot of open lots including the one behind Bally's for 20$. When we returned to Ellis Island we had a nice meal in a great locals restaurant where we always stop when in Vegas.
About the Fremont they have an excellent buffett BLD with special seafood nights Tues and Friday and Steak on Sat and another nnight, Be sure to show your Players card and save a dollar each person has to have a card to get the discount. They also have a Tony Roma's with Prime Rib special 4-6 pm and Steak and Lobster from 9-11pm there ribs and chicken are also excellent. They have a short order place called the Lanai Grill/Deli and a Dunkin Donuts.
A;ittle pricier option is The Second Street Grill a nice sit down restaurant but sorry to say I have never eaten there; although they share a Kitchen with TR'S so I guess it is good just a little more expensive for the aviance.
One thing you may or may not like is that there is no self parking in the parking garage just valet. I love it I'm cheap but I know value, a buck or two is a deal to park at the door and walk in
Keep that thought if you get a car and travel around use the valet soooooo easy. My wife was upset with the maid service as it really was the poorest we have had in Vegas: however it could be policy but nothing got thrown away that wasn't on the floor or the waste can i.e. beer cans cups, glasses from the casino, food stuffs, etc. We still left her a tip each day not as much as we usually do though.
Outside of a couple picky things staying at the Fremont Hotel and Casino was a good deal
at a fair price. Definitely would stay at the Fremont again if the price is right. Some Vegas updates the Linq is not open yet but they are about done with the walkway to it. The old Bill's is coming along but it stll looks as late 2014 but probably 2015 before it opens, Slotzilla"s downtown Zip Line attraction apperars to be done but is not open yet. The Grand the old Lady Luck property is alive and well and that whole area including east Fremont to the ElCortez is looking traversable and safe, finally.

Room Tip: 24 Floors the higher the better for quiet; although we were on the sixth floor and had no issues. Sl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank anotherviewoh10
Catoosa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We recently stayed in Las Vegas at the Fremont over Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised with the clean rooms! They were small but VERY clean. The only true disappointment was at the Seafood Buffet which we have always enjoyed in the past. The Seafood was HORRIBLE and over cooked. Over all not a bad little room if you don't plan on spending much time in the room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shaunsprincess1
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel is part of the boyd casino's so there are deals for those with a players card. It regularly advertises that it has $3 blackjack and craps. For the price its not that bad although checking vegas.com one can find better prices at other places. The rooms are okay although don't get one facing the fremont street experience if you need to get some sleep because you will hear the racket all night. Most of the eateries are on the low budget side here. About the only issue I have with this place is the need for valet parking they don't have any self serve parking for this casino.

Room Tip: if you need your sleep ask for a room away from the fremont street side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Montague, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Casino, has had some updates, hotel could use a few. Overall, stay was nice, staff friendly and helpful. Rooms a bit dated, but for the money a great value. Right in the middle of The downtown area. Easy access to everything. Easy to find your way around the casino. Clean!

Room Tip: South side are quieter, avoid next to elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kathy r
Deep in the hot of Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I've stayed here several times and I really like it here. There are bigger and fancier rooms, even downtown, but there's just something about the Fremont. One of the great things about a small hotel/casino is that it's easier than average to find your way around. Even though downtown is smaller and doesn't punish your feet nearly as much as the strip, you still have times when you're really grateful to be able to find your way to your room or to get something to eat without geting lost.

Another plus to its location, at least if you're a low budget traveler like me, is that the bus stop for the Deuce and the SDX buses to the strip are right across the street. Go out the door by the registration desk and there it is.

The location is excellent, right in the middle of Fremont Street. There are several eating options and even if you don't like what they have, you're right there by so many other options. The last two times I stayed on a weekend, they had a bunch of food carts selling a variety of foods between the Fremont and the big souvenir store across the street. I don't know if they're there every weekend or if my timing was lucky but they had some great food.

The rooms are small. It was just me so that really wasn't a big deal. The bathrooms are really tiny. The toilet is put in at a little angle to fit it in. The shower/tub is pretty standard. The hot water was great, no waiting for it to warm up. The water pressure wasn't so great but not really any worse than most of the hotels I've stayed at in Vegas.

The windows have shutters which you can open instead of drapes. I've heard some complain that light comes in more than they like when they're trying to sleep in. I didn't have a problem with it.

There's a small round table in the room. It was okay for one person to eat on but you'd be hard put to fit two people's meal on it.

The room has a safe which is mounted on the wall near the door. It's not decorative but on the other hand, you can't miss it when you're leaving so it's easy to remember to get any cash you want to take with you. I stayed in another downtown hotel this trip with a hidden safe and I forgot to get my cash out when I left. Luckily, I remembered while I was still downtown and got back in easily.

The other hotels I stayed at this trip had electronic safes but the safe here is pretty old school. It locks with a key. I didn't really care for that as I'm always worried that I'll lose it. I didn't and it worked fine but it would be nice if they'd upgrade the safe.

The casino is small but I like it there. Cocktail service isn't that impressive but pretty much everywhere I played in Vegas the last year or so seems to have cut way down on the number of cocktail waitresses in the casinos. When I did get to make a drink order, they were brought my drink quickly.

I don't even qualify as a low-roller really and don't rate comps but they do give you a very nice rate even as a micro-roller. I stayed there on a Friday and Saturday for under $40 a night with a $10 a day meal credit. That won't inspire anyone to burst into "Hey, Big Spender" but it's not at all bad for someone with my amount of play. No resort fee either.

There are several places to eat here. As a budget traveler, I tend to mostly eat at the lower priced places. I've never tried the Second Street Grill. I tried Tony Roma's once and the food was just okay but the service was minimal. I might have caught them on a bad night but I haven't been tempted to give them another try.

I've been to the buffet several times, mainly for lunch but I've had the weekend brunch a couple of times. It's very moderately priced and pretty good for the price. It's not a big buffet but they have a nice variety. The desserts are not very good. They aren't bad but there isn't much flavor to them. Don't bother saving a lot of room for dessert.

I ate at Lanai several times this trip. The French Dip was surprisingly good, especially since it was only $7, with a good amount of lean meat. It was a better sandwich than ones I paid a lot more for. The egg roll was also really good there. It's $3 for one but it's large. The ones I got were hot and tasted fresh. I was surprised at how good it was.

The only thing I got there that disappointed was the cheeseburger. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that good.

One of the things I like best about staying at the Fremont is the staff. They are very friendly and helpful. I've never had any problem checking in early and, unlike most places on the strip these days, they don't charge you extra for it either. It's easy to get a later check out too. The people at the reservation desk are very good about answering questions and do their best to make your stay a good one.

It's not for people looking for anything fancy but if what you want is a clean, comfortable room in a good location with really good staff, I'd recommend the Fremont.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo