“All you need on Fremont street”

Fremont Hotel and Casino
Ranked #102 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The stay at Fremont was quite good. All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and a decent size. A move from the a room overlooking the Fremont experience was requested(noise) and was pleasantly and efficiently made available. A swimming pool is not on site but is at the California hotel. Nice though.
This is not a luxury hotel, but I do not expect that considering the excellent room rate. one thing I would have liked is a coffee pot. Also, friends who stayed in an adjacent hotel had a fridge which would have been great. ( they did pay twice what we did though).
All in all, I would happily stay here again. It is clean, safe, convenient, friendly and affordable. Works for me.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

didnt stay overnight, but had a drink and dinner and a gamble, the staff were lovely, service quick, the food was tasty, and agreat choice also, we would consider staying over night next august, as we really enjoyed the atmosphere, brilliant and well worth cheking out :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our experience was nothing but good at The Fremont. Three 60+ female friends were in LV to play in a Super Bingo Tournament. I had comped rooms at The Fremont, so we stayed there. Room was clean, beds very comfortable, great a/c, and water pressure was very good. We played, and won, at the casino. Got lots of points on my players card and got our last evening meal comped at Tony Roma's. Yea, there are "flashier" hotels both DT and on the strip. But, The Fremont is just fine for us. Centrally located, well priced, clean and safe, nice people too.
It's my downtown hotel of choice.

Room Tip: You might hear some of the Fremont Street Experience, so ask for a higher floor. We were on the 10t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rudyjane
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at Fremont Hotel downtown Vegas on August 10, 2013. We wanted spend one night downtown. The Fremont is in a great location for The Fremont Street Experience. The rooms are small but clean. We had dinner at the buffet and it was good. We had breafast at Dunkin Donuts. They have breakfast sandwiches and they were great. All staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a great time. the kids had a blast! it was well worth the money! I was able to trust the boys to swim and have fun. great service and more. The night life on the experience was a blast! the kiosks and bars were cost effective and made it more fun.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aimee S
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had won the two-night stay at the Fremont by winning a charity poker tournament. I had not stayed downtown before and didn't know what to expect. The hotel is very dated. The hallways were musty. The King room was on the small size. The bathroom was set-up for little people. The shower head was even with my chin. At six feet tall, I am not used to having to duck way down to shower. The bathroom sink was so low that I couldn't reach the faucet without bending over. Mattress wasn't very comfortable and the wood blinds were sealed over the windows so that you couldn't open them for some fresh air. Wifi was $10/day, but we were able to connect to somebody else's wifi with a weaker connection for free.

The Fremont Street experience was fun, the restaurant buffet was OK, and the casino was pleasant and crowded. We took a taxi to the strip ($25 each way) the first night and drove the second night. The shuttle to the strip wasn't convenient and was confusing enough that we didn't bother.

If I had paid for the room ($110/night), I would have been unhappy. As the room was free, and we didn't stay in the room much, it was OK.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TikkunOlaam
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Fremont Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for you feedback regarding your stay at the Fremont. We apologize that your stay was less than you anticipated. Your comments have been forwarded to our General Manager. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have been visiting Las Vegas for many years. I always appreciated the feel of Downtown. Sadly, the last few time I had went, the experience was below average at best. During the 'March Madness' festivities this past year, I was again Downtown. I stayed at the Golden Nugget, and found the experience sadly lacking. I walked across the street to the Fremont, and what a breath of fresh air. The staff were beyond accommodating and the atmosphere was what I had always loved about Downtown. I visit Vegas about once a year, and I will no longer have to decide on my destination. The Fremont is a true "old school" vegas experience, with all of the upscale amenities of the what I consider touristy vegas. It's an A+ Vegas casino, with an authentic Vegas atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends