“Dirty, Smoky, Poor Customer Service”

Fremont Hotel and Casino
Ranked #103 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
baroda
“Dirty, Smoky, Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is awful. The hotel itself is very old, the interior is bad.

The front desk staff is awesomely rude and unfriendly. Its as if they are doing a big favor talking to us and giving us a room.

When i booked the room, i requested a non-smoking room. It was not even considered and they provided us with smoking room saying this is only what they. It was not even a late check in, i checked in at 3 pm. The Director Of Operation said we have 80% non-smoking rooms and conveniently they were sold out on those at check in time. What utter crap of a lie!

Coming to the room, it was dirty, full of smoke and stinking smell. stiff, uncomfortable beds. Very small bathrooms, shower looked as if not changed for 10 years.The AC would emit smoke smell. Being a non-smoker, cannot handle the smoke smell. Even after repeated request None of the staff was willing to move us to a non-smoking room. Not that day or even the next day. Everybody was very unhelpful.

The hallways smell of smoke, the elevators smell of smoke. The casino area is dirty too. Only valet parking which is very inconvenient. Each time, one had to wait atleast 10-15 mins losing precious time.

No swimming pool, no wireless connectivity ($10 to use), safe very small, Old windows that allows noise and lights to come in even when closed.

Lots of noise made by the hotel cleaners including maids in the afternoon ruining a good sleep.

The good thing is prime location. Located right at Fremont St experience it is the only saving grace for this hotel and probably why people come here. Don't miss out the fremont st experience that happens every hour from 7 to 1 am.

Overall a very disappointing experience even after paying a lot. I will never go back and don't think my family and friends will too.

Room Tip: Don't bother to get a room if you are non-smoker and expecting clean tidy room. look elsewhere l...
4 Thank mahavir_49
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Fremont Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Fremont Hotel & Casino. We apologize that your experience with us has been unsatisfactory; this is not in line with our usual high service standards. In regards to the noise level, we are located in Historic Downtown Las Vegas and conveniently located on the Fremont Street Experience, which comes with some sights and sounds. We do have many other rooms that are not directly on the Fremont Street Experience. We apologize to hear that you could not get into a no smoking room due to availability. Since we are a hotel that caters to smoking and non-smoking customers we will experience unfortunate smoke vapor throughout our facility. Your comments will be addressed with our General Manager so that improvements can be made as soon as possible and so that future guests are not left disappointed. Again, thank you for your review and we know you have many choices for places to stay and hope you will give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

What a disgusting hotel. I had a 2 night stay for 2 rooms. The hotel itself has low quality structure along with unfriendly staff and badly kept rooms. If i had known its gonna be this bad, i wouldn't have booked this. Even after repeatedly requesting non-smoking room, a smoking room was provided even though we checked in at 3.15 pm. All the staff was rude, unfriendly and disapproving of anything we requested. Its like they were doing a big big favor by assigning us a room. Not what i expected after 10 hours of driving.

The room itself was untidy, uncleaned, full of smoke and stinking smell. Horrible thin sheets like blanket. Stiff beds. Very small bathrooms, poor showers. Got two rooms like this. The AC would emit smoke smell. Being a non-smoker, couldn't withstand the smoke feel causing nausea, headache, choked nose. None of the staff was willing to move us to a non-smoking room even the next day. Everybody was very unhelpful. Had to repeatedly request for air freshener that was provided after 3 hours only once in 3 days.

The hallways smell of smoke, the elevators smell of smoke. If you are a smoke lover, you will like this hotel, otherwise give it a grand miss and go across Four Queens that atleast provides you non-smoking rooms on request.

Only valet parking. Not a good option. Each time, wait would be 5-10 mins atleast depending on the cars.

Overall a disappointing experience even after paying a lot. Would never come back and will make sure none of my friends, families would ever step into this hotel.

Room Tip: If you need a non-smoking room, look elsewhere or check in early way before 3 pm.
2 Thank chev1500

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Montgomery
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Once you find and enter the parking garage, all is well. They have complimentary valet parking, which is very nice and easy, check in is right inside the door, and the staff was friendly !! This hotel is right in the heart of the strip, which is so convenient for walking downtown, and enjoying yourself, without having the hassle of driving.

Our room was right across the hallway from the ballroom (which was hosting a wedding when we arrived), so we were a little worried about the noise, but that ended before we hit the hay, and the room was so quiet, you would never know we were above a casino and right next to the strip.

The room was very small, but the bed was extremely comfortable and it was very clean. The only problem we had with the room was that the A/C did not get cold at all, so the temperature was a little warmer than we like.

We signed up for the Fremont gambling card, which in turn they gave us a BOGO coupon on the breakfast buffet. WOW !!! That was the best part of that stay !! The buffet was AMAZING !!!!!

2 Thank dd65stang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed for 3 days and the hotel was great, the staff is very friendly. First time we have stayed downtown and glad we stayed here, it was affordable and right in the middle of the action! It is definitely more of our pace rather then a hotel on the strip.

1 Thank Midgettossing101
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just got back from my latest trip to Vegas (there have been many), but this was the first time I've stayed on Fremont Street, I stayed for 4 nights. The Fremont Hotel is across from the 4 Queens and Binions and caddy corner to the Golden Nugget - so it's right smack in the middle of all of the fun. I found the slots to be much looser than the main strip. I was able to play for longer on less money. Tony Roma's is within the hotel with an $11.99 steak and lobster dinner. It's good, nothing to write home about, but worth the $12 bucks. The Paradise Cafe has all you can eat crab legs as part of their Tuesday and Friday evening (4p-10p) buffet - it's a must at $19.99. Don't forget your player's card for $1 off. Speaking of the player's card, if you get 500 points, you get a free breakfast or lunch buffet. If you get a 1000 points (neither of these are very hard to reach), you get a free dinner buffet.

There are street performers right outside the hotel almost everytime I came out there - including the guy I saw on America's Got Talent and So You Think You Can Dance who disjoints his shoulders to do all kinds of freaky things. I saw a cellist and violinist playing "Carry on my Wayward Son" one day, a could of street dancers, a magician, you name it. And of course the entire Fremont Street Experience with the LCD ceiling, that one must see in person to appreciate.

I found my room to be surprisingly very modern and very nice. It was extremely clean as well. The bathrooms are microscopic, but that's one of the lowest on my priority list of amenity must-have. The staff were courteous, and check-in was fast. Note that there is a $50 deposit (just in the form of a $50 hold on your card that is released after check-out). The basic room is rather small too, but I think cozy for 2 people - I was flying solo for this trip, so it's definitely not a problem. There's a large flat-screen in the room (I'm guessing around 36-40"), but with primarily news and sports channels. There are a couple of local channels and TBS, TNT, USA. No movie channels. No, my objective is not to stay in the room for long - but sometimes you need a little down/recovery time - so a movie channel would have been nice.

Note that you're less than a mile from the Pawn Stars shop - so swing by there and check it out. I found it to be worth the line, that was not a long wait, but I got there around 10am.

Parking is FREE, and always valet. I loved that aspect. The valet guys were helpful and knowledgeable about the area - and they were very friendly.

The casino itself was your standard casino, except they have $3 blackjack and $3 craps. Cheapest in town. Oh and be sure to hit up the Lanai to-go food next to the Dunkin Donuts in the casino. You can get a pretty darn decent breakfast (eggs to order, sausage, potatoes, and gravy) for $3.99 at 4am - and pretty much any time!!! Note that they close from 7a-10a, strange, but whatever.

Another tip, if you're like me and just now learning craps, and are kind of chicken to hit up the live tables, there's a great craps machine across the street at Binions. You push a button to roll the dice, similarly to the old popper dice roller from some old games (like Sorry) from the 70's. It's a dollar minimum, and you can bet small and in private-ish on an electronic screen, so you can polish your strategy without blowing a lot of money. I had some pretty good luck on it!

Bottom line, I only brought $400 for my entire trip, gambling, drinking, food and all (hotel & air & car separate of course) - and while it was a little tight, I was able to thoroughly enjoy myself without feeling tied down to my budget. Don't forget - $2 Coronas and Heinekens, if you're not gambling and taking advantage of free drinks. Oh and while you're gambling - they bring you a real live bottle of beer, not a teenie weenie cup of beer, like some of the other hotels on Fremont. But if you order a mixed drink, better make it a double - the mixed drinks are super weak. However the bald guy at the bar (the only bartender with any personality) makes a KILLER bloody mary.

One final tip, and this is a good one: for traveling to Vegas, and especially Fremont Street, you can use your AA miles toward hotel and car at useaamiles.com. I reserved my entire stay at the Fremont for 4 nights for 14,000 miles, and my car rental for 5000 miles - NO money! Oh and be wary, all car rentals in Vegas are now requiring a $350 deposit in the form of a hold on a credit card. This really threw me for a loop, as I was not warned ahead of time and had to jump through some hoops to figure out how to cover it.

Anyway, just go, stay at the Fremont (if you book thru fremontcasino.com, they have a $32/nt special as of the time I wrote this review) - you won't regret it, unless you're extremely picky and are used to strictly 5-star resorts. Oh and no resort fee here either.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor away from Fremont and hear no noise at all. I think I was in room 632. They d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank no_deadbeats
East Wenatchee,Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Myself, my son and nephew and neice recently spent 3 nights in Vegas and we stayed downtown at the Fremont hotel and had a blast, first of all let me say this is not a 5 star resort, it is however an inexpensive hotel downtown that has everything you need for a quick escape to Las Vegas. the front desk staff are very friendly, gave us our rooms at 9 in the morning, when check in is at 3 in the afternoon, the buffet was excellent and the casino has all you could want, best of all is the 2 dollar corona,s. The hotel is right in the middle of the fremont street experience, like i said its not a 5 star resort, but to me i give it a 5 star symbol, its what i expected and more, and yes i will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor if you are a light sleeper. there is no swimming pool, and i dont know if they...
1 Thank Brwisaacs
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the fremont Sunday to Wednesday Staff is the most friendly and helpful group we have run into. Rooms a little tired and small bathrooms are very small also but overall the rooms were clean and quiet and the staff made our stay great so no complaints. Would recommend this hotel for anyone on a budget that wants to enjoy the fremont experience for two or 3 days.

6 Thank Rick M