“Small but Good”

Ranked #99 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Small but Good”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I spent two nights at the Fremont in January. It was before noon when I arrived and figured I could not get a good room that early, but on advise of the bellhop I checked at the desk anyway. I went to the desk and told the guy checking me that I was willing to wait for a comfortable, quiet room and that I know I am very early. He found a wonderful room with a very comfortable bed and the room did not get the Freemont Street noises in the evening. I was very happy with the room.

The rooms are small and the bathroom was WOW very small, however everything in the room was in very good shape and everything, bathroom included, was in good working order. The room appeared to have been remodeled recently. If my wife or my son was with me it would have been a cozy, but okay room, but the room would be cramped with three plus people. I have to give a special call out to housekeeping. While the room looked fine to me, but was missing wash rags, the housekeeper did not remember cleaning the room so to be sure she changed the sheets on the bed and gave the room a quick cleaning.

The buffet was good and much more affordable than the buffets on the strip and the Chinese place was decent and gave a good size plate of food. The Freemont Street Experience with the canopy and the various stages along with the other casinos in easy walking distance is a lot of fun. Good service, good room, good food, good time, I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Eddie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Korean first
South Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I went to Vegas with a few friends and decided to stay downtown for a change. I have stayed in "old vegas" previously but never at the Freemont since it was remodeled. We arrived from the airport and the casino looked just as it has, there have been no real noticeable changes. We checked in and it went smooth, no problems at all and no long wait. It was the Sunday before Memorial Day so it was busy in the casino, but the room was $36/night. We went up to your room and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms had been remodeled and they were very nice. Everything appeared very clean and neat and there were no problems with anything in the room. We could hear people in the halls at the wee hours in the am, but its Vegas. The only problem were the beds, they need to be replaced. They are not high quality beds but after a day of walking around sightseeing, people watching, oh yeah and alcohol consumption, they felt pretty good until the next morning when you woke up with back pain. Everything else was okay tho, you do go to Vegas to sleep all day anyway. All in all, it was a good good place to stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank scsuperman
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

The service was horrible. First of all to find where to park is horrible, but then your car has to be parked by a valet so the money you would save on the room is used on tips. The room was okay but if you get the double the TV is old so we asked to switch to a king room which had a flat screen. Again the room was nice but small but the staff except for the bartenders are real rude. We are used to staying at the Flamingo where the service is exceptional. That's what happens when you try to save a buck. The food wasn't that great either except for the Paradise Buffet with the seafood buffet, that's was read good and a good value. I would reccommend if you stay downtown to stay at the Golden Nugget. It's was really nice inside and the pool was beautiful. I would rate the Fremont at a 2.5.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bjnorth25
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at Fremont Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Fremont Hotel & Casino. We sincerely apologize that your customer service experiences with us has been unsatisfactory; this is not in line with our usual high service standards. Your comments have been forwarded to the Director of Operations as well as the General Manager. In the future, we encourage you to bring this to our attention immediately so we can rectify the situation promptly. In regards to the televisions, we are currently upgrading our rooms with flat screen televisions and WiFi. Again, thank you for your review. We know you have many choices for places to stay and hope you will give us another try.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Richardson, TX
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed at several downtown hotels, and by far -- this was the cleanest. The bathroom was spotless; carpet clean throughout the room; bed clean; not a spec of dust found. For the price, this was far-far more than I was expecting.
The staff was courteous; casino clean; and the valet parking (which is the only parking option) was fast. The rooms are within "walking distance" of the casino (which is not the case w/a hotel diagonally across from the Fremont).
Perfectly satisfied and give thumbs-up to the Fremont of Las Vegas...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Galvanized
Sussex, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We love the Fremont. It's not fancy, but how much time do you spend in your room in Vegas? We feel valued when at the Fremont. The customer service is great. Join the Player's Club for perks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara R
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I go w/ my dad he is on the wrong side of 75, but is healthy and has a little difficulty walking more then 50 ft w/out stopping and sitting for 15 minutes. Freemont is right in the middle of the action for him. He can easily accesess 3 different hotels by just walking 25 feet. The staff are friendly to the older clients. The hotel is not large and confusing. The take out Chinese place, has hot coffee available 24 hours a day. Paradise buffet has oatmeal in the morning and the food is not fancy and unfamilliar. My dad always wants to stay at the Freemont Hotel and I like it too.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator can get noisy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Nigel UV Y
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed April 22, 2012

If you consider the $ you save by staying at this very reasonably priced hotel, and its great location for popping down to the Fremont St. experience, you may be able to overlook the tiny room size. They've done their best despite this limitation, including:
Free coffee maker and coffee upon request,
Two bedside tables with lamps and drawers,
dresser,
tub/shower,
closet w/luggage stand,
alcove with bench/luggage stand,
easy chair,
tiny tv,
queen bed.
No swimming pool, but access to California Hotel pool a block away.
No wi-fi available, even in lobby. There is a pay-for-use stand-up internet kiosk in the lobby, with prinitng.
I honestly don't know any reason to stay here, unless you can't find another vacancy. The price ($36/weeknight)is comparable with both the Plaza and Fitzsimmons, which have much larger rooms and are also on Fremont St.
Restaurants: We love the Lanai Cafe, cafeteria style food, specializing in Chinese platters ($6.99), and .99 shrimp cocktail as well as burgers, hot dogs and assorted American favorites. Take out or sit down. Also, Tony Roma's is here. And the ubiquitous buffet. Their cafe shares space with the buffet, so is crowded and the service suffers. Dunkin Donuts. A steak house. With their location at the center of Fremont St., you have dozens of great choices within short walking distance.

Room Tip: Tip #1: If you register for their b-connected player's club (free) they email their latest promo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple