“Nice place for the money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fremont Hotel and Casino

Fremont Hotel and Casino
Ranked #102 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Michigan
“Nice place for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2007

We stayed at the Fremont Hotel for two nights, 12/19 and 12/20. Upon entering the room we noticed that it was on the smaller side. However, it looked as though it had totally been redone recently. The room was updated and looked very nice. The bathroom was also very small, but also looked as if had recently been updated. The room was very clean and comfortable. We slept well on the bed and the room was quiet. Although we didn't have the greatest view, we got what we asked for, a king bed in a non smoking room. For the short amount of time we spent in the room, the view didn't matter. Everybody from the check in staff, to the valet to the cleaning staff were all very pleasent and nice. We have stayed on the strip many times, but looked to save a few bucks on the room for extra gambling money by staying downtown. We are glad that we did, and would stay at the Fremont again. It is not a mega resort with glitsy shows and sights, but is more than sufficient if you want a clean cheaper priced room to sleep in down town. Give it a shot if you plan on trying a stay downtown. The casino was also decent, however there is no poker room. We enjoyed the dowtown atmosphere for gambling, and took a drive to the strip to see a show, but returned downtown for a cheaper gamble. We will be back to the Fremont.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank larredc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Korean first
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2007

I took a solo trip to LV and stayed at the Fremont for three comped nights from November 6-9. I was in Room 418 near the elevator. The room was very clean with a comfortable King bed. I stay often at the Fremont and am always satisfied with my visits there. The room is not large, and the bathroom is small, but I consider the Fremont to be an excellent value Downtown. The housekeeping is very good with helpful and friendly staff. I look forward to my next stay at the Fremont.

• Liked — Close to the Downtown action
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
5 Thank Clarkson7
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2007

Having stayed at the Golden Nugget last time we stayed Downtown, we though we'd try out the Fremont and I have to stay it was excellent value for money. Ok - so the casino is a bit dowdy but the check-in was effortless and the room itself clean and comfortable. The bathroom size was smallish but everything functioned satisfactorily. Considering the price we paid, we could not have hoped for better.
We would happily recommend the hotel to anyone staying downtown.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
9 Thank loseapoint
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

I received my stay as a free comp in the mail. Was surprised to receive a 5 day 4 nite stay. But I took them up on it and am very glad I did. The room was small, but very clean, anyway thats all anyone needs. Only used it to clean up and sleep. Nice comfortable bed and pillows and new furnishings. It was always made up and cleaned early every day. We got there early and was able to check in right away which was great. The buffet was excellent. I enjoyed staying on Fremont street, much better than the strip. Its like a big party every nite. So much to see, without all the walking. Thank you Fremont for the invite. I hope to return.

Stayed September 2007
4 Thank njeanerMichigan
HI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

This hotel was provided for in a package deal from Vacations Hawaii so the price was a excellent. The room was clean and the staff members were friendly though the hotel's parking only allows for valet parking. Sorry no self parking.
Would definately stay here again due to the price and downtown location.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No self-parking.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank beagle1984
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2007

I had a room at the Flamingo booked for July 22-25 (Sun --Wed) for a great rate of $60/night. However, most of the hotels on the strip (and many off of the strip) were running $120-$250 for Saturday, July 21. I was traveling with my wife and we both realized that this was waaaay too much to pay for a room when that we would spend so little time in. My first thought was the Orleans, but their rooms were running around $120/night for a Saturday stay. With this in mind, I checked around and found a $60/night rate at the Fremont. We had never stayed downtown before but figured we would give it a try....

As others have stated, the room itself was clean and VERY small. Some of the furniture looked updated, but gernally speaking, the room itself was VERY old and dated looking (same for the hallways and common areas). The a/c worked ok but not great and the T.V. got very few channles. However, none of this was very important because after a long day of traveling all we did was fall asleep anyway.

In summary, If you're looking for BASIC accomodations at a bargain price in downtown Vegas I think the Fremont fits the bill without a problem. I think if I find myself in the same siutation again I will try the El Cortez or head out to a "local" spot like Sam's Town for the one night stay.

• Liked — Cheap price!
  • Disliked — Worn and Dated Rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nupe357
Highland Michiganb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2007

Stayed at the "Fremont for the second time. Not a negative thing to say. Hotel staff very accomadating. We asked for a king non smoking room. It was small but very nice. Comfortable bed and nice linens. We were asked what part of the hotel we would like. I asked for a room away from the Fremont exxperience where it would be quiet. That was not a problem. Never heard any noise. The room attendent was very good. We have no problem with the Fremont and would stay there again. Love downtown. It is very fun and cozy. The strip is fun for us to visit, but not to swtay there.

3 Thank queenievic