“Excellent stay at the Fremont”

Fremont Hotel and Casino
Ranked #100 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 11, 2007

I took a solo trip to LV and stayed at the Fremont for three comped nights from November 6-9. I was in Room 418 near the elevator. The room was very clean with a comfortable King bed. I stay often at the Fremont and am always satisfied with my visits there. The room is not large, and the bathroom is small, but I consider the Fremont to be an excellent value Downtown. The housekeeping is very good with helpful and friendly staff. I look forward to my next stay at the Fremont.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
5  Thank Clarkson7
There are newer reviews for Fremont Hotel and Casino

Reviewed October 12, 2007

Having stayed at the Golden Nugget last time we stayed Downtown, we though we'd try out the Fremont and I have to stay it was excellent value for money. Ok - so the casino is a bit dowdy but the check-in was effortless and the room itself clean and comfortable. The bathroom size was smallish but everything functioned satisfactorily. Considering the price we paid, we could not have hoped for better.
We would happily recommend the hotel to anyone staying downtown.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank loseapoint
Reviewed September 13, 2007

I received my stay as a free comp in the mail. Was surprised to receive a 5 day 4 nite stay. But I took them up on it and am very glad I did. The room was small, but very clean, anyway thats all anyone needs. Only used it to clean up and sleep. Nice comfortable bed and pillows and new furnishings. It was always made up and cleaned early every day. We got there early and was able to check in right away which was great. The buffet was excellent. I enjoyed staying on Fremont street, much better than the strip. Its like a big party every nite. So much to see, without all the walking. Thank you Fremont for the invite. I hope to return.

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank njeanerMichigan
Reviewed September 4, 2007

This hotel was provided for in a package deal from Vacations Hawaii so the price was a excellent. The room was clean and the staff members were friendly though the hotel's parking only allows for valet parking. Sorry no self parking.
Would definately stay here again due to the price and downtown location.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank beagle1984
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I had a room at the Flamingo booked for July 22-25 (Sun --Wed) for a great rate of $60/night. However, most of the hotels on the strip (and many off of the strip) were running $120-$250 for Saturday, July 21. I was traveling with my wife and we both realized that this was waaaay too much to pay for a room when that we would spend so little time in. My first thought was the Orleans, but their rooms were running around $120/night for a Saturday stay. With this in mind, I checked around and found a $60/night rate at the Fremont. We had never stayed downtown before but figured we would give it a try....

As others have stated, the room itself was clean and VERY small. Some of the furniture looked updated, but gernally speaking, the room itself was VERY old and dated looking (same for the hallways and common areas). The a/c worked ok but not great and the T.V. got very few channles. However, none of this was very important because after a long day of traveling all we did was fall asleep anyway.

In summary, If you're looking for BASIC accomodations at a bargain price in downtown Vegas I think the Fremont fits the bill without a problem. I think if I find myself in the same siutation again I will try the El Cortez or head out to a "local" spot like Sam's Town for the one night stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nupe357
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Stayed at the "Fremont for the second time. Not a negative thing to say. Hotel staff very accomadating. We asked for a king non smoking room. It was small but very nice. Comfortable bed and nice linens. We were asked what part of the hotel we would like. I asked for a room away from the Fremont exxperience where it would be quiet. That was not a problem. Never heard any noise. The room attendent was very good. We have no problem with the Fremont and would stay there again. Love downtown. It is very fun and cozy. The strip is fun for us to visit, but not to swtay there.

3  Thank queenievic
Reviewed July 27, 2007

OK, I got to admit, I like dirty, dingy, downtown Vegas. I like to play awhile at one place and then move on to the next place, all without breaking a sweat!

I have stayed in lots of Vegas hotels and when I stay and play downtown, I end up at either the Fremont or the Golden Nugget.

This last visit we stayed at a comped room at the newly renovated Fremont. No, the casino, lobby and main areas are all the same, but the rooms have all been tastefully redone and they are very, very nice.

Subtle tones, new bedding, and a shower curtain rod that keeps the curtain from flying all over the place during a shower.

Sure the Fremont isn't the Wynn, nor does it try to be. The rooms are tiny and old Vegas. Back in the day players weren't expected to stay in their rooms, they were expected to be on the casino floor, so the old rooms are small. But hey, they are really clean, nicely redecorated, comfortable and cheap.

If you want the big mega tourist resorts, stick to the Strip. But if you want that old Vegas feeling, check out the newly renovated Fremont.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple