Wow, I was really impressed with this place. I visited the casino in Nov 2004 and received a room offer with a weekend rate of $35. I took them up on that and was really glad I did. Just the casino alone has been cleaned up and refurbished since my last visit. I hadn't seen the rooms before, but I was VERY pleased. The room was HUGE (I had a tower king room). The check in clerk was very nice, checked us in early around 11am, and offered us a strip view (which we took and was very nice).
The room had obviously been recently remodeled. The bathroom was a little small but not uncomfortable. There was the bedroom area and a semi seperate sitting area. This room was easily worth twice what I paid for it, especially for a weekend in Vegas. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Vegas.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas