Have stayed here twice in the last year, both times in the Tower. On the first trip the room was satisfactory, clean and well maintained, although the decor was a bit tired. They seem to be systematically refurbishing the hotel and on the second trip the room was newly refurbished to a very good standard. The staff, in my experience, are friendly and helpful. The casino floor is perhaps not somewhere you would choose to linger and it does seem to cater for the locals rather than tourists. The hotel is conveniently situated 100 yards from Fremont Street and the bus stop to the Strip. I have been pleasantly surprised by this hotel, given its varied feedback, and would recommend it as reasonably priced accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas