If you love cramped quarters, filthy bathrooms, cold showers, and non-functioning basics like the ice machine and room thermostat, then the El Cortez will thrill you like no other hotel I've ever seen! After my recent stay there, I'm convinced "El Cortez" is Spanish for rathole. While I expect the casino to be smokey, the smell of smoke is pervasive throughout the building - even in the non-smoking rooms. The casino itself is the smokiest, and most poorly-lit I've ever seen, as well. The bottom line - if you're a smoker who plans on spending only enough time in the hotel room to wash your face and crash, then this might be the place for you. Otherwise, sleeping in your car and taking spongebaths in the local 7-11 will be more comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Vegas.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas