Every year we leave the conference on the strip and check into the El Cortez for a few days to decompress.
We stay in the Pavillion (over parking garage) because we enjoy the fresh air and view.
Never again. There is a Container Park across the street that has a flame throwing grasshopper. All night the propane fired explosion goes off. It is LOUD and constant. (We loved that you can't hear the Freemont Steet noise from El Cortez.)
After six years, we'll be finding a new downtown hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Vegas.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas