Nice guy shuttle driver...rooms for 21 bucks a night...I like the downtown location, as I am not a fan of what "the Strip" has become...a couple nice staff members, and a couple who were so surly and uninterested that it could've been an SNL skit (such as the lady in the gift shop)...can't go wrong for the price of the rooms...the Beat Coffeehouse across the street is a cool place to sit and read the paper while having coffee...sad that the nice little bar in the El Cortez has turned into a sports bar with big TVs, but that seems to be the trend everywhere...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Vegas.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas