“Good Value”

Ranked #96 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Value”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Spent 2 nights as a couples get away , rooms are Great for the price, great service & the Parlor Bar has EXCELLENT SERVICE & amazing Bloody Mary will recommend for a great VALUE over all close to Fremont Experience

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cody50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Shelton, Ct
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my second trip to the el cortez in the last year. I used the $30 bogo coupon from the american casino guide. No hassle checking in(don't forget your acg id card) and I was upgraded to a tower room at no additional charge since all the vintage and rooms above the parking garage were already taken. I was impressed with the service and the room. Non smoking room was clean and not at all smokey. Large enough for sure especially since I was alone. Bathroom is a little difficult for us larger men to get into but nothing is perfect. Great view out the window looking toward the stratosphere. Casino is a little smokey however. Really all in all a nice place to stay and very good for the budget. I did not eat here but I will in a couple of weeks when I return to vegas. I would stay here again but I will be with a group that has other plans. A/C in the room was in fine working order as was everything else. The Parlor bar was a great classy place and the Elvis singer was not bad. They need a better sound system in there for him however. To sum up- A nice clean friendly place for not a lot of money. Only thing I missed was a pool.

Room Tip: Tower room facing the strip is king
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lforish
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went for a vacation, I arrived on April 6, 2013 and checked out on April 10, 2012. When I arrived the room was not ready but it was pretty early so I expected that. I left my bags and went back at the time I was told to go back, which was 1pm. When I got my room I was given a vintage room but my reservation said I would get a pavillion room. I left it like that because I saw the vintage room and it was real clean and of a good size for two of us. It was cleaned daily and was overall a great room for the price. It's a little out of the way but if your just sleeping and showering in there it works just great! I would recomend this hotel to my family and friends. I will stay there again!!! Staff was really nice too!

Room Tip: When checking in, you might want to mention that you would like a pavillion room vs. a vintage room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anna R
Largo, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This Hotel Casino is a real bargain. Located on East Fremont Downtown the hotel sits in the middle of an up and coming entertainment/art district. The hotel is 40+ Years old!. My room was large and had a couch along with a dining table with two chairs in addition to the comfy king size bed. The casino features player friendly rules much better then those found at the Strip Casinos. The coffee shop is pretty average. If you get a low room rate this hotel represents a good bargain. Security was good and the parking garage was patrolled. I only had positive interactions with the staff. The hotel casino is just the right size for older people who do not want to deal the supersized hotel casinos on the Strip. One warning. the smoke in the casino is very pervasive.

Room Tip: If smoking bothers you stay elsewhere. You have been warned.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DIxiehollins
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The employees were nasty. The manager should be demoted. I asked for a non smoking room and instead of it being in the non smoking tower they put me in the old building where even the non smoking rooms smell like smoke. The air conditioners are old and when you cut it on you think the rooms gonna blow. I would not recommend this hotel and its not even cheap Circus Circus is way better

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Ugh1986

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

vancouver, BC Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at the Cabana Suites building at the El Cortez for 2 nights in March to celebrate finally getting engaged! ....we were upgraded to a king room and we absolutely LOVED it! The colours are so pretty and the bed super comfy...loved the bathroom...rain shower is so refreshing...this room also had a fridge which is a nice plus for Vegas...the staff that we dealt with were ALL super courteous and professional...there was a lovely fruit bowl for guests in the lobby and the gym...where by the way the equipment was quite nice for a small space...also cold water available and more fruit...also loved the changing candy dish in the lobby...
On to the casino...very big and friendly...won some money and then of course lost it but that is all part of the fun...service for drinks while gambling was very good and the drinks were as well...all in all I would stay here again...the whole place is just wonderful...my only complaint was the cafe would not let my boyfreind in as his sleeves were cap and not regular...i dunno i could understand tank tops but oh well I guess they have to maintain the rules...love the El Cortez and we going back to vegas in august and i am pretty sure we will choose this hotel again...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank bellonda
Silver City, NM
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Welcome to old Vegas - the hotel is actually modern if you book the TOWER, which I recommend. The walls are insulated so you don't hear the other guests, the water is instant hot, and the room is spacious and clean. My wife and I shared a king sized bed room that had plenty of storage for our clothes, we had a sitting area with couch and table for the lap top, and a small fridge that we requested at no charge. The bathroom was two small rooms with the tub/shower and toilet in one and the vanity sink, clothes closet in the other. Parking is no hassle and very secure. the spaces are over-sized so you can actually open your doors and not hit the car next to you. this was a concern as I drove the 64 T-Bird which is a land yacht. Security is everywhere and you have to use your room card to operate the elevator and access the parking garage. The staff is accessible and friendly - you feel like they care. We have been here 3 times now and we have always been happy here. Maybe its only drawback is its neighborhood which is somewhat rundown and seedy but even that is changing. You can walk to the Fremont Experience, and as long as you remember you are in an American city and follow common sense - you will be fine, The police are everywhere. We like the old style atmosphere over the sterile fake feeling Las Vegas Strip. So save your money and enjoy Vegas Baby !!!

Room Tip: ask for tower and be 5th floor or higher
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple