This past January made reservations at this old school spot.Stayed 7 days in the tower.Played poker in their small,limit only poker nitch.Not large enough to be called a room.Well run with a very veteran group of players.Very enjoyable.Easy access to Fremont St.,other poker rooms and public transportation to anywhere in Vegas.In the past the place was too smokey for me,this has markedly decreased.Subway and other resturants on site.All good.It has a dated atmosphere,but thats part of its' Vegas of the past charm.You could almost feel Bugsy grinning at you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Vegas.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas