tho i havent actually stayed at the el cortez, i do game there. it is at the top of my list for gaming. yeah, its smoky and has a fragrent odor as you enter but thats just adds to the old school gaming from the past. dealers are friendly and drink lady comes around often, i love the blackjack tables here. only 2 beefs i have, i seldom get emails returned from them when i ask about gaming promotions, tournys etc and i am not that secure in staying later than 9 or 10 and walking the 2 blocks back to fremont area, been aproached many times by panhandlers and several times it got a bit spooky, city needs to extend some kind of securety for these blocks. if it werent for that, we would deffinetly stay here also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Vegas.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas