We did not book this ourselves, friends of ours who have stayed here booked it for us as we were travelling together. My first impression was pretty bad, we checked in at the desk in the casino area and the first thing I noticed is how old and digny it looked and then the smell of smoke hit me like a brick wall. I was pretty scared of what the rooms would look like. We went across the street to our room and I was happy to see the lobby was more modern and clean. We stayed on the 3rd floor and our room was okay, funky colors and modern decor. A small room but functional. I noticed right away how dirty the carpet was and then I found a hair on my sheets ( could have been mine). What I liked is the location to the "Freemont Experience". After a day we decided to check out the bar for Happy Hour and it was a lot of fun, they had an Elvis impersonator and two for one cocktails. It was then that we found out our room key no longer worked, my husband had run back to the room to get something and could not enter or room, he ran back across the street to inquire, was told it was "fixed" and off he went....no luck. Turned out the battery in the door itself had died and it does happen often and an engineer would be there to fix it. They gave us a free drink for the trouble. The hotel was okay, we would not stay there again. I had trouble sleeping due to the road noise outside and a rather loud pipe issue....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas