“Pretty good, not so great location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport
Ranked #64 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 24, 2010

The staff at this place were wonderful! Polite and speedy with check-in/check-out.

The location of this place is a bit far off. We got stranded in Vegas after a canceled flight and this is where the airline booked us. For a one night stay it was alright. But it is not walking distance/cheap cab ride from the strip. Did read that they do offer a shuttle drop off at Mandalay Bay though.

The rooms are very clean. Continental breakfast in the morning is good. Skip the scrambled eggs though.

If you just need a night's stay close to the airport, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2010

Reviewed February 22, 2010

We frequently stay at Hampton Inns bec/ they offer a free breakfast, but had to leave early before the meal started bec/ the airline changed our flight time. I asked at the front desk the night before about a take-out breakfast, and was told, "Yes, no problem - available at 5:30 am." Well, it wasn't available - only Mon. - Fri. Why? We still paid for it, why not have it 7 days/per week. It is a rip-off, and the employee was pretty rude about it. Plus, she said it is only for Hilton Honors people - well, then say that up front when people make the reservation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank georgiadrew
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Shame on me, I stayed at this hotel so I would have an easy rental car drop-off before an early flight. It is really, really far from the car rental facility and I would have been better to stay on the Strip. Nice hotel though, and excellent business center for a Hampton.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BDfromDC
Reviewed December 8, 2009

This was definitely one of the better airport hotels I have stayed at and I would compare this with the Wyndham hotel in Henderson. Free breakfast and free internet were nice features. Free shuttle buses to the airport were provided at the top of each hour and to Mandalay Bay at the bottom of each hour.

The room was very clean. The only complaint is that I could hear the rumble from the airport but I guess there is not a whole lot that can be done given the proximity.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed 1 night at Hampton. Arrived in airport late around 11PM on Friday night. They had 24 hour free (tips appreciated) shuttle service to airport or Mandalay Bay. Hotel was fairly new looking, clean and pretty quiet for being close to airport. Check in was fairly quick; service was good; OK'ed for late check out at 12 noon. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean with walk in shower and good water pressure. Toilet was low flow but powerful. Room was well designed with work desk and rolling ergo chair; there was a flat screen TV with cable (did not watch much TV during my stay). Free internet connection and free wireless, which is always good to have. Small pool and workout room, which I did not use. Breakfast ended at 10AM. The usual complimentary Hampton breakfast (which is better than most hotels) with scrambled eggs and sausage, cereal, yogurt, juices, pastry, bread, fruits, coffee. Took the Hampton free van to Mandalay Bay (their only drop off place on the strip); driver was nice and informative. Later, call Hampton for pick up at Mandalay Bay; took about 20-30 minutes after call to get picked up; different driver was also very nice; he dropped me off at the airport.
Overall, an excellent stay at Hampton. I've stayed at various Hamptons across the country and have come to realize that Hampton is an excellent chain.
Tip: If you are expecting a party atmosphere of the strip, this is not your hotel. No large casino close by. It's located next to and south of airport and surrounded by a gas station and a few restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank sactokw
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I loved your hotel it was very clean and very nice however we were very tired when we checked in at 11:21 pm which would have been 1:21AM our home time. When I reserved the room through my travel agent he requested that we have a crib for my grandson. When we arrived and checked in I asked if there was a crib in our room the lady said no but she would get me one as soon as her driver of the shuttle come back which would be about 15-20 minutes I told her that would be fine we would give my grandson a bath then he would use the crib. 30 minutes went by and I had looked out the window and seen the shuttle was back I called down to the front desk she again said no the shuttle hadn't been back yet and she would get it soon. 20 minutes later I walked out to my car and seen that the shuttle was there when I was going back into the hotel the shuttle was leaving so I had thought the crib was in the room when I got back to the room still no crib. I counted the shuttlle being back at the hotel 4 diffrernt times and still no crib. 1:30am I called to the front desk and asked I am going to get a crib she said yes mam as soon as the shuttle comes back I told her it had been back 4 times and my grandson is tired and so are we could I please get the crib. My son in law looked out the window and the shuttle was in front of the hotel I called down again she said I am sorry mam but I can't find one by then it was almost 2am I said thank you so much for getting me this crib in 20minutes I was very upset my grandson ended up sleeping on the floor what a nice start to a wonderful vacation. If she didn't have one she could of told me right away.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank misty_rain_917
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Layout is typical Hampton Inn - but the newness shows everywhere from the sparkling floors in the lobby, the clean elevators, and most importantly in every part of the rooms.
There is pride among the staff - the lady who came to get us at the airport at 2:00 AM, was friendly and chatty. She was especially warm to my children who were beyond beat after a six hour flight from the east.
This hotel is not particularly close to the airport - about 4 miles - but they come quickly, and drop off on a posted schedule in the morning. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family