“Helpful Staff eased the pain”

Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport
Ranked #49 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Helpful Staff eased the pain”
Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

Mine was an unplanned stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites. My flight had been canceled due to weather in Chicago and the alternate flight I was booked on had been oversold. For me this meant an extra two unscheduled nights in Las Vegas. The hotel provides 24 hour shuttle service to the airport and the driver did an excellent job of accomodating my need to go back to the airport several times over two days. The front desk staff was very kind in making sure I had everything I needed and even made recommendations for nearby places the shuttle could drop me for shopping. The breakfast staff and housekeeping were all very attentive and the room clean and comfortable. I can definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay if you want to be near the airport off the strip.

Stayed February 2012
hislvairport, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear UntamedAZlady,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate the feedback. Thank you for all of the nice compliments. Next time you get to Las Vegas, we would love to accomodate you here again!

Thanks again,

Team Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We flew in and out of Vegas with a two week trip to Southern Utah in between. We decide to stay at the South Eastern Ave Hampton because it was close to the airport and advertised shuttle service which would make it easy to return the rental car and then get some sleep. We waited 35 minutes at the rental car pick-up station (with three phone calls to the Hampton, all assuring us the shuttle would be there in less than ten minutes)---we finally took a $20 cab ride to the motel. The next morning the shuttle could only take us to the airport at either 5:00 or 6:00 so we again caught a $20 cab----please factor this cost into your stay if you plan to use the shuttle.

Room Tip: Do not plan on good shuttle service if that is important in your decision on where to stay.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ballhawg
Dear ballhawg,

On behalf of the entire team here at Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport, we wanted to extend our deepest apologies for your recent visit and shuttle issues you encountered during your stay.

Here at Hampton we strive to ensure that all of our guests get the transportation they need, when they need it. We are sorry that our shuttle not being readily available caused a problem during your stay.

We would love the opportunity to make it right for you. If you can contact us at 702-647-8000 our General Manager would love the speak with you!

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

- Team Hampton
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is my preferred hotel when I visit Las Vegas. I have stayed at other Hampton and Hilton Properties, I have stayed at Staybridge Suites and Holiday Inn, and also strip casino hotels. I prefer this location because of the friendly staff and the great service.

Michael checked me in and he acknowledged my preferences and welcomed me back to the property. He answered my questions with a smile and provided great service by telling me about the breakfast. While bringing my items in, I noticed that a lady was pretty upset about something small in her room. I think she didn't get enough pillows (even though there are already 4 to a king and 3 to a queen). Michael handled her complaint in a professional manner and resolved the issue, as far as I could tell. Even though this lady was probably a little crazy, he was great and did what he needed to do to take care of the guest.

Theresa was super friendly and remembered me from previous visits. She got me extra soaps and shampoos for my extended stay. She was working on a paperwork item when I asked and she stopped what she was doing to help me. I was pleased that my business was important.

The breakfast staff was very friendly and checked with me to see if I was doing okay and if I had everything I needed. They did more then just setup the food and make sure the area was clean. They delivered personalized service by asking how the meal was and taking the dirty plates.

Rebecca also remembered me from previous visits and talked to me in the Breakfast area. She was interested in what I had planned for my trip and was excited that I came back to visit. She offered some recommendations for a couple places to visit and check out. She followed up with me halfway through my stay to make sure things were going well.

I appreciate the amazing staff this location has.

Quiet hotel vs other hotels on the vegas strip. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jpcrash,

Thank you so much for your review on your most recent visit to Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport. We certainly appreciate you taking time out to provide us feedback after each stay with us. I will also let J. Michael, Theresa and Rebecca know about your compliments.

We all hope to see you back again! Our team is waiting for you.

-Your friends at Hampton
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I arrived Friday evening around 11 pm for a one night stay. The desk clerk was pleasant and check in was painless. I asked about printing my boarding pass for the next day. The clerk pointed me to the Business Center in a room behind the check in area. The Center contains two PCs and two printers. The "wall" to the outside is glass floor to ceiling. You need your room key to get in, so no one without a key can get in.

The room was nice sized with a king sized bed. Sitting on top of the bed was a "laptop desk"... a piece of wood padded on the bottom with hand holds (like a dinner tray) so you can sit in bed and use your laptop easily. The TV remote was also on the tray. I found the bed to be quite comfortable. The room also had a desk with a desk chair, but it wasn't conveniently set up to work at the desk and watch TV at the same time. The bathroom had a very large shower (the size of a bathtub) with sliding glass doors to the floor instead of a tub. I liked this idea. I don't know if this is standard throughout the hotel. Note: This was not a "handicap accessible" room.

I had read about the runway noise (takeoffs only) and so I put the a/c fan "on" overnight. Someone in another review mentioned the air conditioner as a noise contributor. Since you can set the fan to "on" and it's a constant drone, I consider the a/c fan as "white noise" and was hoping that it would drown out any airplane noise. I was planning to get up around 6:30 am, but was awoken just after 6 am when a plane took off. So, my idea didn't work. But, I sleep pretty light that early in the morning, so I don't know if you would be bothered or not.

Breakfast was from 6 - 10 am. The breakfast area was different than what I was expecting. The serving area was standard, but the seating was different. There were a few standard tables, but then there were several tables that were more "coffee table" height than dining table height. In addition in the middle there was a long "bar" with bar type seating on each side (you were facing a person across from you). The breakfast was pretty standard. The "hot" items (that I saw) were scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and waffles (you make yourself). The scrambled eggs were ok, but the eggs were in the smallest pieces. I almost needed a spoon to eat them. I'm sure this has more to do with who made that batch of eggs than anything else. The apple juice was "watered down", but since it's a machine mixing concentrate and water, I think the replacement concentrate wasn't hooked up quite right. The orange juice tasted fine (same machine with concentrate and water). Checkout was quick and painless.

Except for the noise of jets taking off starting at 6 am each morning, I'd recommend the hotel without exception. If you're sensitive to noise while sleeping or just before waking up, then you might want to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dave F,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. In your feedback you mentioned the noise issue you had. We are so sorry that you experienced this during your stay. The hotel provides ear plugs here for our light sleepers in hopes they can get the rest they need! We appreciate you letting us know about it so we can get it looked into.

Next time you come to Vegas, we would love to accommodate you again and ensure a room on the opposite end of the hotel and a complimentary upgrade. Hopefully you can experience us without the noises.

Also, we appreciate you letting us know about the juice machine. We have made sure the apple juice isn't too watered down!

Thanks again, we look forward to having you back soon.

Your friends at Hampton
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The staff made certain my stay was a great experience. Both day and night desk staff and drivers were so friendly and helpful, it was like staying with friends not an unknown hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear pinehaven7777,

Thank you so much for your review on your most recent visit to Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport. We certainly appreciate you taking time out to provide us feedback. I will also let front desk team and drivers know about your compliments.

We all hope to see you back again!

-Your friends at Hampton
Tucson
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was close to where we needed to be for our three days in Las Vegas. It was also reasonably priced. The room was large, clean and comfortable. HOWEVER, being close to the airport runway made for lots of noise from about 6 AM to 10 PM. Another noise contributor was the air conditioner. Earplugs helped, but not entirely, and who wants to wear them!

Room Tip: Not possible because of proximity to airport runway.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised at the size of my room at the Hampton Inn Las Vegas airport. It is on the south east corner of McCarran, literally across the street from the runway. I heard some planes taking off occasionally, but it was really not loud enough to be a distraction. If you are super sensitive to noise, that might be a problem, but it never woke me up.

The breakfast was very good and they mixed it up so you did not have to eat the same thing everyday. There were scrambled eggs one day, omelets another. Everyday waffles, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, etc. were available.

My room had a microwave and fridge, I assume they all do. The room itself was one large space with a sitting area and bed. The desk split the two areas and was comfortable to work at for hours.

I had a car, so I don’t know how much cab fare is to the strip. Depending on where you are going, it is at least 10 minutes or more to the strip, so I would guess cabs will run $10 or so. Cars are cheap in Vegas and parking is free everywhere, so I usually get a car. That gives you the flexibility to head out of town to Hoover Dam and hit some great local restaurants.

Breakfast is included, but there is a decent breakfast focused restaurant across the street called Egg Works if you want something different.

The Hampton Inn is a great Value, it will be on my short list for future trips.

Room Tip: Get a room on the South side so the building is between you and the airport.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business