“This place will shock you”

Zest - Bistro & Bar
Ranked #475 of 5,004 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed May 9, 2013

It looks like the other 4 million bar/grills in Las Vegas, but it's not. Excellent food that will be sure to surprise you. I had the NY strip asparagus wraps with a mushroom marsala that was out of this world!! Prices aren't bad at all. This is one of Vegas' best kept secrets

1  Thank matbrow2013

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Me & my boyfriend were on holiday in Vegas for 5 nights, & having read the reviews on tripadvisor & wanting to eat in some of the top rated restaurants in Vegas, we decided to try off the strip.
Firstly, it's exactly that- OFF the strip- and some. In all fairness the friendly owner on the phone did confirm this bless him, but still due to the reviews thought it worth the commute!
The taxi did cost us $30 EACH WAY. Be warned if you do not have a hire car like us.
Well, what can I say- I was taken aback a bit by the appearence, don't know what I was expecting, but its just like a bar/casual diner in a shopping outlet type place. Still thought the food must be the unique selling point.
Portions were massive! We ordered a starter of chicken wings each (in the uk a starter is only a small portion) well, up came 4 large bits of chicken AND chips! Very nice nevertheless.
I had chicken parmigiana, couldn't eat barely any of it due to such a huge starter but the waitress did provide boxes for leftovers which was a nice touch. My boyfriend had the filet steak which he said was nice enough too, & we were given a free slice of cheesecake to take away with us as well...& that's just it, it was...nice, ok. Not nothing outstanding. & cost a lot to get there! I dunno maybe we're missing something here?!

2  Thank HolidayLover026
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were'nt treated as well as expected by the business'. My son in law had not been here for approx. 3 years and I really wanted to have an exceptional time for him, not just average!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a small casual neighborhood place that is a perfect relief from the strip. Our salads were house dressing and large portion of garlic. It was so strong I couldn't taste my wonderful looking dinner. However my wife brought her chicken parmigiana home and we shared the next day, it was fabulous.....so watch out for the garlic and maybe just have the main corse!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I went last night for my birthday and it was the best meal I've ever had!! We had a ceasar and house salad to start and with and they had the best dressings ever and wonderfully fresh ingredients. I would have been satisfied if the rest of the meal sucked after eating the salad but the rest was even better. My husband had the chicken saltenbocca and I had the chicken tristina and they were perfection!! Each bit of veggie,noodle, meat, ect was cooked and flavored beautifully! The staff and service were excellent and the owner came out to make sure we had the best experience. Thank you so much to our server, "Don Don" who was super! And to Billy and Tom, we hope to be back soon and I will recommend "Off the Strip" to everyone I know!

1  Thank SaltandPepperandJ9