“Delicious Food. Grill and Bar Atmosphere”

Zest - Bistro & Bar
Ranked #475 of 5,012 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This place finds me in a quandary. The food is amazing. For an appetizer we had Steak wrapped asparagus for $12.50, but it only came with two asparagus. What if there were four people in my party? My wife ordered Scallops and linguini for $31.00 and I had French Chops for $25. Both were equally unique and delicious. I want to go back and order them again, but not for $31 and $25 a piece. Oh, and the NY Cheesecake was delicious as well, but nothing to write home about. This place wants to be your standard Friday night date go-to, but it's priced out of it's league.

So, here's my dilemma. I'm not sure what market segment this place is catering too. The prices are fine dining, the food is fine dining, but this place has your typical grill and bar atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the atmosphere, but there were some missing details that detracted from the experience. When they delivered our mediocre bread, it came with butter packets. For $31 bucks I want whipped butter! The utensils were Dennys/Waffle House quality and the seating was not comfortable. The wait staff was super awesome, but they were all dressed in jeans and t-shirts. I have no complaints about the top notch service. I guess if I'm going to pay steep prices, I want a cultured atmosphere and refined food. It doesn't have to be a white tie affair, but pay attention to the little details.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Killer food! Great atmosphere! Wonderful service, we came in from Salt Lake City not sure what we're looking for so we looked up online found some great reviews and it really paid off! WOW!!!!

-The Salt Lake City Guys

2  Thank SaltCityFalken
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The fact that this is my third review should speak volumes about this restaurant in itself. We took the trip to this restaurant taking along my best buddy to experience the joy as he had not been before. The service was exceptional, our waitress (unfortunately I did not get her name) was a really happy person (as in genuinely not the fake happy), really helpfull and welcoming. I had the softball meatball and pasta which was lovely (unfortunately they were out of meatloaf) my overly fussy friend had Chicken Saltimboca which he loved, especially the potato pie on the side, my fiance had bolognese which was fantasic. I must also mention those side salads, they are delicious, I dont know what they put on their house salad but it makes the whole thing amazing! My fussy friend isn't a salad fan so I got to eat a good bit of his too :) My fiance had the caesar which is very tasty indeed. Our lovely waitress brought over a lovely complimentary helping of Chef Al's cheesecake which as always was amazing, again thank god for our fussy friend who was full and let us eat most of it (even though he admitted it was the tastiest cheesecake he had ever had). We are definately making a return trip next time we are in Vegas

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Everything was amazing! I had family in town and decided to try Off the Strip on their first night in town (based on tripadvisor reviews). We were not disappointed! We even cancelled reservations on the strip later in the week to go back again! So excited there is such delicious food so close without having to go to the strip. Between our two visits we had the calamari, chili thai prawns, grilled artichoke, meatloaf, tortellini ragu, several steaks and cheesecake… everything was great, there was not one thing that we would not order again. But above all else make sure you order the Thai Prawns and the cheesecake! We'll be back often!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We went here based on the reviews & we were far from disappointed. What we loved most: customer service. Our waitress was Tini; she was well aware of their rating with trip advisor & she stated why they were better than the #1. Food was excellent (meatloaf, & chicken Alfredo) , Caesar salad (the garlic in the dressing is very strong), &a sliver of homage cheesecake to top it off. Service excellent from all. they worked together as a team. Would highly recommend this restaurant for many reasons!!!

1  Thank deb s