“Seriously.......”

Zest - Bistro & Bar
Ranked #438 of 4,874 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Formerly known as "Off The Strip" Same attentive management, same great service, same friendly staff, same delicious food, same tasty drinks.Nothing has changed but the name! Zest Bistro & Bar offers quality dining, a full service bar, and a private karaoke / cigar lounge in Southern Highlands. Eat where the locals eat at this gem in the Southwest. Family owned, serving your favorite American and Italian gourmet meals. Featuring creative cuisine that stacks up with the big names on the strip, with second-to-none service and a menu that's under-priced for the quality! We also have an outstanding To Go Menu and full service catering is available! Check out the menu!
Louisville
“Seriously.......”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Visiting Vegas for REMAX convention @ Mandalay Bay but have rental car will travel and glad. I tried this place based on all the positive reviews here and was not disappointed. By myself so ate at the bar, sat down asked bartender what app I should have and he didn't flinch suggesting first one on the list 2 asparagus spears each wrapped in marinated strip w/provolone and whatever the hell else plus sauce.....outstanding. Again asked bartender about entree as I was toying w/idea of couple more apps as entree or the spaghetti w/sausage and meatball and again he didn't flinch suggesting pasta dish which came w/house salad. Seriously, I couldn't quit eating it as I was about to explode but it was phenomenal. $37 bill plus $10 tip better value than anything I've had on The Strip for sure. Well worth the short drive.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank medlock1

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Consistantly good food.”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Everything we have ever had here has been good. The people are friendly and they recently expanded. The only down side is that the prices are a touch high for a mediocre environment. But at the end of the day you are paying for the food, and it is excellent.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Well worth the trip - even with the GPS mix-up!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My daughter and I were in Las Vegas for a soccer tournament and we were leaving the next morning. We had just hiked and climbed in Red Rock Canyon for 4 hours and had worked up quite an appetite. I saw this highly rated restaurant on TripAdvisor before we came to Vegas and wanted to experience it. I had entered the location into my GPS before we left home, so I was confident we'd find it without trouble.

There was trouble and the trouble was my GPS maps were just under 2 years old and there have been some highway changes since then. From Red Rock Canyon, the GPS sent us on a wild goose chase, requesting that we turn where turns no longer existed and cross the freeway where intersections had disappeared or go where the planned roads were not finished.

We used the map feature on the GPS and watched as the virtual car moved away from or closer to our final destination. After an extra 20 or so minutes of navigating, we were there; a little more tired and a lot more hungry than before.

The lady who greeted us was very polite and friendly and gave us our choice of table. It was before 5:00 and the dinner crowd had not arrived. In fact, the place had just opened for the evening (4:00 - 10:00). It is not brightly lit and was comfortable. The bar was half full and the small dining area was about one third full on our arrival. An expansion is well underway which will double the dining area. It filled up quickly while we were there.

Our waitress quickly came by and took our drinks order and listened with a sympathetic ear to a dad and his daughter as we quickly recounted our travel challenges to their location. We are both stubborn and had set our minds to dining here before we left Vegas. I am glad we persevered.

We each ordered the house salad with a Balsamic vinaigrette. It was very fresh and crisp, with a delicious dressing. My daughter ordered the shrimp scampi and I selected Chef Al's Special Pork Chops. We had warm, fresh bread while we waited for our meals and listened while the waitress explained the extent of the almost-completed renovations.

I had heard good things about the pork chops and was not disappointed. The only problem was, there were TWO of them and they were huge! The shrimp scampi was delicious, with an abundance of large, tender shrimp. The pork chops were amazing, with thick chunks of peppers, onions, mushrooms, and potatoes.

We couldn't eat it all, but what we ate was fantastic! Our wonderful waitress brought us a slice of cheesecake with caramel, chocolate, and strawberry sauces in containers to take for the road. She gave us MUCH shorter directions to get back to the strip and they were spot on.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and it is well worth the trip. Use the map on their website and you will probably have less trouble than we did. Make reservations, or go early to ensure you are seated right away.

Our total bill was $54.00 (excluding our generous tip), which included a custom-made chocolate milk for my daughter and hot tea for me.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Chelsea-v-Inter
Banner Elk, North Carolina
“Off the strip and in a different universe.”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Rocky horror picture show meets the Bee Gees meets Neil Diamond. Enough about the musical selection. Our first inclination upon entering was to slowly back out the door, but of course, we didn't. After a 20 minute trip to get here from the MGM, we felt obligated to give it a go. The food MUST be something VERY special....sadly, it's not worth the trip.

My wife had the rib appetizer as her meal and it truly was a lot of food, though she said a bit spicy for St Louis style ribs. I had the tortellini special and there was enough for two people. It was okay, really nothing to write home about.

In a nutshell, neons, tvs, no atmosphere, strange selection of music and so so food. Won't be back..... On a good note, employees very friendly.

Number 2?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

3 Thank Munibrokr
vancouver
“I have found a brand new reason to visit Las Vegas!!!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We visited Off the Strip, Just Real Food over my hubby's protests....it was too far from where we were staying (a 40 minute drive). When we arrived we were greeted warmly, and seated. Our orders were taken, and the food arrived promptly. Both the house and the Caesar salad were delicious. The meatloaf was incredible, but the BEST dish was the house chop. WHAT a meal!!!! We shared an in-house made cheese cake.....INCREDIBLE! We can't wait to go back. Our new reason to come back to Las Vegas!

• Visited February 2012