“Fun History”

Ranked #24 of 459 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1996, the Neon Museum is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, studying and exhibiting iconic Las Vegas signs for educational, historic, arts and cultural enrichment. The Neon Museum campus includes the outdoor exhibition space known as the "Neon Boneyard", a visitors’ center housed inside the former La Concha Motel lobby and the Neon Boneyard North Gallery which houses additional rescued signs and is available for weddings, special events, photo shoots and educational programs. Night tours feature the fabulous neon of our seven restored signs, and our beautifully and dramatically lit un-restored signs. Due to the nature of our collection, the Neon Museum Boneyard is only available to the public through an hour long guided tour. Tours are available seven days a week and tour times vary based on the season.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went because we saw the sign and decided to check it out. We were glad we did! Lots of history and really cool photo ops. Our guide knew all kinds of fun factoids about the signs and Vegas it really was time well spent.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Did this tour in the day one of the hottest days of the year and although I really enjoyed it and the guide was very informative I found myself wandering off I just wanted to see the signs not stand around in the burning heat for ages taking a quiz on it. By the end of the tour I had walked off to sit in the shade before I passed out from the heat. Don't get me wrong the tour was great it was my own fault for going in the heat I would probably do this at night if u went again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We took a daytime tour and had a great time, the staff was very welcoming from the moment we arrived. The hour long tour was fantastic and we are so glad we made the time to do it, we may even go back for a night time tour just to see what we missed on our nex trip. Don't let anyone fool you it's hot but it's not that bad and you probably walk the distance many of us walk from the front of the casino to the buffet. Overall this is a great treat for your vegas trip

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was one of my favorite things that I did on my trip. A little ways from the strip is the Neon Museum. Many of Las Vegas' old neon signs have found a home at this museum. The tour was incredibly informative. Who knew there were stories behind neon signs! It was a very interesting tour and the signs are the perfect subjects for those who love to take pictures! After the tour you are free to roam around on your own which gives you plenty of time to take photos!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This has come a long way in a small amount of time, you can now tour in the evening and some of the signs are lit. Even if you've done the day tour in the past, it's worth coming back for the evening tour.

1  Thank Brettyboy

Been to The Neon Museum? Share your experiences!