“What a find!”

Ranked #22 of 464 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1996, the Neon Museum is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, studying and exhibiting iconic Las Vegas signs for educational, historic, arts and cultural enrichment. The Neon Museum campus includes the outdoor exhibition space known as the "Neon Boneyard", a visitors’ center housed inside the former La Concha Motel lobby and the Neon Boneyard North Gallery which houses additional rescued signs and is available for weddings, special events, photo shoots and educational programs. Night tours feature the fabulous neon of our seven restored signs, and our beautifully and dramatically lit un-restored signs. Due to the nature of our collection, the Neon Museum Boneyard is only available to the public through an hour long guided tour. Tours are available seven days a week and tour times vary based on the season.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I found this by accident as it isnt advertised a lot but I am so glad we found it.
This is a non profit museum that displays a lot of the old neon signs of Vegas. Volunteers give tours around the boneyard and they are quite knowledge and very passionate about the history. WHen we went they were building a museum and looking to organise the displays inside and outside. They also advised that they were working towards a night tour which would be fantastic - something we would definitely go back for.
It only costs about $10 and all money goes to building the new museum
Does get very hot in the boneyard in summer so take water and hats for shade

Write a ReviewReviews (3,610)

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our tour guide - I think his name was Bill - was superb. Passionate about Las Vegas's heritage and the fabulous neons in their collection. He was super funny, wise cracking and droll but cared about what he was doing. It was a baking hot day and the (free) water was required. Book online in advance as you won't want to miss this. Good value and a Vegas highlight, without doubt.

1  Thank hannypops
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Book on line! You can't go just off the street! My partner liked this place! Its got all the old signs of Vegas! He went crazy and took heaps of photos! If you want to do something different, then this is the place to go! Top North of the strip

Reviewed September 4, 2012

this was a very interesting tour I had a great time learning about the signs and taking a ton of pictures. Our guide was very good Sonia I believe her name was. As hot as it was a volunteer kept coming through seeing if we needed water which was nice. They were building there new store so in about 2 months you could go there and not have to stand in the heat to sign in which would be nice. I only wish they would have told people that they do accept tips since they do this on the volunteer basis I always tip my guide about $5-10 they deserve it standing out in the heat with us for free. More people would have done it If they knew it was acceptable. I was at the end so by the time I got to her me and one other person I believe were the only ones to do it. PLEASE TIP YOUR GUIDE.

1  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The trip to the Neon Boneyard was possibly one of the best things about my trip to Vegas.
It sounds a bit tame - a few hours to walk around a dusty yard with some old signs - but the whole experience is so much more. The guide is passionate and knowledgeable, the stories about Vegas of old are fascinating and funny, the signs themselves are amazing. The colours, shapes and shear size of some of them are a photographers heaven.
I had to prebook and pay for the tour before i went although i believe soon you'll be able to just turn up but check their website first. It's downtown so we caught a cab but that was easy and cheap enough. There's no shade so take a hat, water and sunscreen. Our group was made up of families with teenagers, young and old couples, groups of friends and single tourists- there was lots of laughing and giggles from everyone.

2  Thank Laurennotes

Been to The Neon Museum? Share your experiences!