“Absolutely Awesome”
Review of Bette Midler

Bette Midler
Ranked #169 of 228 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We went to see Bette on the New Year's Eve and this was my Christmas Gift. We couldn't afford expensive seats so we got cheaper seats but they for some reason out of the blue moved us to the orchestra seats and it was so great. The show was absolutely awesome. Funny, emotional, entertaining. I read most of the reviews here and if you are conservative, have no sense of humor and cannot appreciate a wonderful show that is put on by a lady who is now 64 years old, yes then don't go to the show, but if you want to laugh, sing along to her and cry to the "Wind beneath my wings" just go and see it. This has been the best New Year's party for me...it was absolutely awesome!!!

2  Thank Gercheque

Reviewed December 21, 2009

We are not big fans of Bette, but we jumped at the chance to see her in concert in LV. Luckily we obtained some ofthe cheaper tickets, which proved to be a godsend noting that the more expensive seating probably did not get to see all of the stage and antics that went on.

The humour was bawdy at times. but not offensive or over the top. Her singing was magical and she kept up with the 20 years old in the chorus line. The Mermaid scene left was wondering what the heck was going on and was not really appropriate for the show.

The best part of the show was when Bette was on stage by herself singing a classic. We were pleasently surprised by the length of show and were more than happy to have bought the cheaper seats.

1  Thank Lifeadventurers
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I've been a fan of Bette Midler for 30 years or so and, on her one visit to London many, many years ago I was unable to get a ticket. Therefore, if Bette won't come to London, then London must go to Bette. We built our entire trip around seeing Bette Midler, so there was a lot riding on her show.

Having read the very mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, I was wondering whether I was in for a major disappointment. I need not have worried - Bette was fantastic. A great, great show. The whole production was very professional and very, very funny. Some two months later, I still chuckle at some of the things she did and said. Bette was in great voice and I was amazed to learn that she has recently celebrated her 64th birthday.

Being from the UK, we didn't understand most of the political jokes but that didn't detract one bit from the show.

There is clearly some difference in the length of show she is doing - I read one review here where she did 1 hour and 15 minutes yet we got 1 hour and 45 minutes. Maybe we just struck lucky.

If you are thinking of seeing Bette's show before it closes in January, please don't be put off by some of the reviews. Go with an open mind and have the time of your life. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Welshquin
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We were so excited to see this show and could only imaginined how good it was going to be, BUT it wasn't. She rambled on about her political views and how she supported the gay community and told a lot of foul jokes.She said [--]so many times my respect of her has fallen way below what it was before I saw her in a live show.Why doesn't she give us her best without all the foul talk and opinions.We paid a lot of money to hear her sing. She did that a little but it was clear she should take a big long break from this and re-evaluate the show. A huge dissapointment.Save your money.WE asked around about this show after we saw it,and only got bad reviews from others too.Wish we would have known not to go.

3  Thank Rick W
See more reviews
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I went with four friends and we loved this show and felt it was the best money we spent in Vegas! I laughed til I cried and cried with the power and beauty of her still strong and emotional singing. As for the complaint of Bush bashing...if you are a fan of Palin and Rush Limbaugh you may be offended from the few very funny remarks made. Bette has always spoke her mind and I would not want it any other way!! I so much appreciate her taking time away from friends and family to do these shows for us one more time!

3  Thank SanAntonioBeachbum