“Not worth the price” 2 of 5 bubbles

50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 241 helpful votes
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

I totally agree with last reviewer. I adore Bette and have seen her several times, beginning in 1972 when Barry Manilow was with her. I was not keen to see her in LV as I had trouble jusifying the ticket price. However, in exchange for daughter seeing Jersey Boys (Fantastic!!!), I agreed to see this show. Our tickets were in the rear orchestra and were about $125.00 each. They were not worth it. Bette is great, but the show is padded with showgirls who could not dance or sing very well, and when they did, the acoustics were awful. However, when Bette sang alone, she sounded wonderful. I would recommend getting the cheapest seats if you see this show- the more expensive ones are a waste. In addition, cameras are confiscated at the door, which we did not know in advance. However, plenty of cell phones with cameras seemed to have gotten thru security, including a guy in the row ahead of us who was videotaping the show! We told security when we left, (gave them row and seat no.)and they could have cared less...

4 Thank simmie17

Atlanta, GA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“The best show in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

Saw this show last week and after having seen almost every show and performer in Vegas over the past several years, I have to say that this show was really and truly the most enjoyable I have ever seen here. Is it pricey? Oh yeah, it is...we had the highest price tickets but had a great view.

We all found it to be a perfect blend of good jokes with a little dirty humor mixed in, great music from Bette and the band and good dancing.

Unlike a previous reviewer, I think Bette mastered the stage quite well and used it all quite capably. Everyone in my group had the best time of the entire week we were there during this show and I did not see anyone else in the crowd that seemed to feel otherwise.

Go see it. I think you will like it!

5 Thank docnabox2000
Houston Texas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Oh Dear Bette, not worth the ticket price!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

We had good seats $175 each + usual booking add ons etc. and were sorely disappointed by the badly designed show that frankly came across as a big mess!!

Bette Midler is worth more than this production. Her talents & physical presence were totally lost on this huge stage. She told a few good jokes but we felt some of the F words were unecessary

If the dancers had any talent it was hidden by overall poor choreography & timing. The band was quite good so the music was ok but poor Bette ,being an wonderful small size (you did look awsome for your age Bette-well done!!), was just overwhelmed by the collection of set mismatched props, dancers, back drop screen and draperies? rain curtains & her choice of uninspiring dress etc. The color combinations made the show look cheap. She is truely worth better than this show.

We felt on edge the whole performance, fearing that it might crater. The mermaid sketch was simply out of place and completely ridiculous. It wasn't funny & looked like unecessary hard work,! Again well done Bette for ploughing through this every night!!

Still feel Bette is a talented individual and hope this show does not do her any harm but frankly whoever paid the $10Million for this show production has been ripped off royally just like we felt after paying for our ticket price.

5 Thank spangle1
Glasgow, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Great bawdy fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

We were keen to do something special for the 4th of July and the Divine Miss M did not disappoint. Our seats were in the gods but they were still fine. It's a fairly raucous show as you might expect so not one for the kids - f-words but no boobs - and I had forgotten just how much of an all-round entertainer she is. Definitely worth a visit, and we got our ticket the night before - all prices available - which is maybe a little worrying for our Bette. But anyway, it was worth it.

2 Thank Zippitydoodah