“Divine Miss M”

68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Divine Miss M”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Suzanne and I saw Miss M during her last week of performances in 09. We were just plain lucky to get tix, and were only about 50 feet from the stage. Bette's performance was spectacular. All the old favorite plus over the top stage productions. I've loved Bette since she began performing ages ago, and she simply hasn't lost her magic touch. She's sexy, racey, funny, and talented. Now, you don't want to take the kids to see her, and you might not want to take 20 somethings. But, if you love stage productions, outrageousness, irreverence, and astoundingly good songs and singing, Miss M is for you. If it weren't for her, there wouldn't be a Madonna, Britney, Aaliyah, or Lady Gaga. They would be just another bunch of torch singers belting out the same old tripe. Ms. Midler sets the standard, and the others owe her a huge debt. If you ever get the chance to see her, take it. Only a fool would pass her by.

Visited December 2010
3 Thank chafraho

ironton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“bette midler concert”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

In May, 2009 my wife and I attended her concert. The first 10 minutes of the concert was laced with profanity with an attack on political and religious groups with whom she disagreed. We paid for a musical concert not vulgar insults--it ruined the concert for us. Advice for anyone else who experiences this type of "performance".- immediately leave , go to the ticket office and demand a full refund. Hit them in the pocket book.
NO MORE BETTE MIDLER FOR US.
Dr. & Mrs. Phillip McMahon

15 Thank drphil50
Beverly Hills, California
209 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 816 helpful votes
“3rd Row Orchestra”
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Forgot to write a review when I went to see her and now she is GONE! I LOVE Bette and have followed her since I was in diapers, basically. When I was a teen, I flew to NYC to see her at Radio City when she began The "Experience the Divine" tour. This show was more glitzy and appropriate for Vegas. I can tell all you readers that if the opportunity arises, RUN to see this legend IF she ever tours again. I love her and although I am now a psychologist, she still makes me crazy! Can't wait to see her again and I REALLY hope next time I can get a decent picture with her to frame. Go Bette!

5 Thank traveler4k
USA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Not Great; Not Bad; Just Good...”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I saw a previous review that I will just modify or add my comments to rather than retype the review:

"I paid to hear music, not a rambling of what political opinion I should have and if she wants to talk politics, do it on your own dime. I am conservative but I don't plaster Bush stickers all over my car, in fact I didn't much like Bush either. In my opinion Bush wasn't conservative either but you don't see me collecting $80 ticket prices to tell you that."

Me: My tickets were $150.00 a piece. I didn't have a problem with the jokes and found them funny; unfortunately, they were the EXACT same jokes complained about by others which it disappointed me more her lack of creativity as opposed to political jokes.

"Plus the mermaid stuff was EXTREMELY lame and for kids of 608 years old."

Me: The dancing in the wheelchairs was very lame. Basically, she is saying she is too old to put on a show, which was evident by the fact that she rarely wore shoes and her showgirls out did her in many of the numbers.

" The audience was filled with people 50-55 years old and she treated us like 6 year old."

Me: I don't feel like she treated us like 6 year olds, but her audience was old and made me feel out of place as a late 30 year old.

" I could have downloaded the 3 songs that I liked, burned a CD, and played the CD in the car while driving to another show that would have been tons better."

Me: I agree. I saw the show on January 30th and thought she would go all out; she did not and, therefore, believe I paid too much to see the show ($150 for about an hour and a half).

I hear she is finished in January, please do Vegas a favor and don't return unless you come back to be in the audience and see how entertainent is meant to be done.

Some people liked this show?????? Amazing.

2 Thank beachtraveller2009
Ontario, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“An enjoyable show”
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We are in our 30's, so other than the classic Bette Midler tunes, I can't say that we truly appreciate her full acting/performance history.

The show (Jan 13th) was nearly sold out. Keep in mind when buying seats that Ceasar's palace seats 4200 people. We were in the front row of the 2nd mezzanine - we called it the nosebleeds, while they called it the "penthouse". The sound was outstanding, but a pair of those little binoculars would have been helpful. Bette was a little dot on the stage from where we were sitting.

The show had a strong start - very funny comedy monologue type thing mixed in with a few songs. If she would have kept up with this style, she would have held my attention. But the whole act with the show girls in the wheelchairs with the mermaid tails - we just didn't get it. Her voice though - more fantastic in person than anything you have ever heard on her CD's or on the radio. Very moving, even from the penthouse/balcony.

Beware of the expensive drinks: $15 for a frozen drink at the bar. And those photos with the showgirls: $45 each! Ouch!

2 Thank canehdiangrl

Been to Bette Midler? Share your experiences!