“A hole in the wall worth diving into.”
Review of Samosa Factory - CLOSED

Samosa Factory
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2010

The Samosa Factory offers wonderful Indian cuisine at affordable prices. It is some of the best I have ever tasted. The only things that my girlfriend and I could suggest are:

More rice (basmati-yum)
Indian Female wait staff

You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Samosa Factory is a cozy, homey restaurant with great food. It's owned by an earnest young couple who genuinely care about the food they serve. The ingredients are all fresh and the dishes are flavorful and well-spiced, without being so hot that the smoke pours out of your ears.

On our most recent visit, we had veggie samosas that were hot, crisp, non-greasy, and very well-stuffed. We're not vegetarians, but opted for the vegetable biryani. It had a really good assortment of vegetables, cashews, and perfectly cooked basmati rice.

It was a slow Tuesday night at the restaurant and a bit late in the evening, so the only other diners were a group of four young Japanese-American women who had brought two bottles of wine for dinner plus an after-dinner bottle of Moscato. (This restaurant is strictly BYOB, a rarity in Las Vegas - great for us customers, hard on the owners). I didn't want us to feel left out, so I had my husband scoot right around the corner to Von's and get us a bottle, too. Between that and the Moscato that the other table shared with us, I can't remember what the second dish was that we ordered, except that it had chicken and was terrific!!

We finished the meal with a creamy, delicious, and cinnamon-y rice pudding, and a thick and yummy mango lassi, and left the restaurant full and happy - from the food, the service, and the good vibes. This was not our first visit, and certainly won't be the last!

Reviewed July 17, 2009

I grew up eating Indian food and eat it at least once a week. I was surprised to find so many Indian restaurants but was delighted to hear about Samosa Factory.

A little India landed in the middle of Vegas. Good food -great service and very reasonable prices. You will keep coming back for more. The food is all freshly prepared and yummy. The vegetarian options are great . The staff/ owners are friendly. Great family restaurant. We'll definitely be back - thanks!

Reviewed July 15, 2009

I discovered The Samosa Factory after doing a web search when I arrived in Vegas for business. I grew up eating Indian food and eat it at least once a week at my local Tandoori.

I was surprised to find so many Indian restaurants in my search but was delighted to pick TSF.

The food is all freshly cooked using great natural ingredients and the service is warm and friendly. The vegetarian options are great (I'm a veggie) and the vegan and meat lists extensive also..

I ate there twice on my last trip and again this evening when I was back in town with my son and his friends to celebrate his 21st. They all loved it and are eating the copious leftovers right now in their room.

We'll definitely be back - thanks!

Reviewed March 1, 2009

Having lived and dined in La Vegas for over 25 years, I've seen my share of Indian restaurants here. And it causes me great suffering to report that since the change of management this establishment has gone down-hill.

The atmosphere is gimmicky and in-authentic, kind of like Vegas-strip-mall-kitsch. The service is hovering and the servers dress as if they work at a lower-class bar. And the food is over-cooked and chewey. The Naan bread we had was really a tortilla disgusied as naan. It was over-garliced, burnt on many spots, and rather flat. The spices in the Lamb Curry were flat and all heat and had no nuances. The Lamb itself would have made a shark bite twice. The Chicken Vindaloo was almost a Mexican-version: strips instead of cubes, and slopped into the bowl. Served over a cake of alternately sticky and hard rice. And the Mango lassi was served with ice? I guess to save money on product. That at least tasted OK.

So if you want authentic Indian food, this isn't the place. If you want higher prices than the original for lesser quality food, this is place. Save your money and find a better restaurant. And they had a sign on the door Please vote for Best of Las Vegas- In a pig's ear! They've been cruisng on the laurels of the previous owners work. Don't let them gouge you, too.