“Disturbed”

Book In Advance
More Info
$34.99*
and up
Bodies The Exhibition at the Luxor Hotel and...
Ranked #70 of 467 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Wanted to see this exhibition after hearing lots of mixed reviews good and bad. Overall I didn't really enjoy it as much as I had hoped but this may be because I'm a bit squeamish. Well thought out exhibition and very educational, I didn't enjoy the babies bit and was told after that I could have missed this part but I didn't see any clear signs to opt out of that section this really needs to be made clearer because I found it quite upsetting. My friend had run round the whole exhibition and when I caught up with her outside she hadn’t really enjoyed the experience at all. Was quite expensive too! Creepy but interesting

Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)
All reviews
in 170 reviews
"anatomy"
in 119 reviews

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Amazing and Informative - definately worth the visit.
The thing that I was most impressed with was the hushed tones of all the visitors - an automatic sign of respect - like being in a religious building.
Definately something to be taken seriously though - we didnt want to eat afterwards.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I wasn't sure about this exhibition....I'm not a person of Science, but my husband is a sport's physio so was really keen and I knew he'd rather not go in than leave me outside waiting, so deep breath and in I went!

It was about $32 each...plus resort charge of $6 as we weren't staying at the Luxor.

The exhibition was really interesting and despite my limited biology knowledge (and interest) it was actually really interesting and despite the thought of what we were looking at churning my stomach at the thought, the reality was not so bad!

The science was amazing. The donated bodies were predominantly males, apparently from China and preserved about 30 years ago. They all died of natural causes. The detail of the body was amazing, but as I say I didn't have the professional interest of my husband (so he'd have probably been better writing this!). There were also casts of veins and arteries on display which was really clever and so intricate. There was a fetal exhibition, but there is a warning before this and you can go through a door to miss this (I did just that, as I am 7 months pregnant I didn't want to be distressed by it).

Really educational exhibition. Maybe not for someone too queazy and as I say, if you are pregnant or have suffered a miscarriage, maybe avoid the fetal development section.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very cool. Lots of reading. We got a little bored by the end, it seemed to be the same thing over and over by the end. Very interesting though.