Vegas Indoor Skydiving
Ranked #13 of 281 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ready to earn your wings? Experience the thrilling sensation of skydiving, without a parachute or airplane, as a 1,000 horsepower motor keeps you soaring through air in America's original indoor skydiving facility. The propeller turns on and the air begins to flow. You’re floating, flying, free falling through the air with wind speeds up to 120 mph. Other Las Vegas attractions will not offer you the chance to defy gravity! If you share our love for the extreme sport of indoor skydiving, you crave adrenaline-inducing Las Vegas activities, or you simply want to try something epic on your Vegas vacation, come test your limits on this exhilarating simulated skydive. Try it more than once, and reach new heights every time!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Not exactly inexpensive, but as you can see from the facility as well as with the staff, this is not a cheap thing to operate !

The experience is awesome, the staff teach you what you should do, and how it should be done, so that your "flying" experience will be exciting and controlled.

You will be fitted into a suit that has "webbing" between your hands & body and your legs, such that the wind that is being propelled upward from the large propeller (in the basement) will catch and lift you up into the air. It is perhaps the closest that any human will come to flying you can imagine !

The walls are quite well padded, and you have a helmet on, so if done properly, you will have nothing to be worried about. Pay close attention to what the staff member will tell you to do, so that you will be able to move about, up & down, left & right, etc.

This is the other great thing about Vegas, there are so many neat things to see & do, as well as great entertainment !

5  Thank EDWARDL782
VegasIndoorSkydiving, Public Relations Manager at Vegas Indoor Skydiving, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your coming in to fly with us. Our staff appreciates the wonderful praise. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Little bit expensive but you will have great fun, and not really feel like a birth. I will do it again if the price is better next time and you have to do it once in life

3  Thank rutch v
VegasIndoorSkydiving, Public Relations Manager at Vegas Indoor Skydiving, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thanks for coming in! I am glad you had a good time!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Tony was awesome, made it all very easy and simple to understand. My husband, sister and I did this on our 2nd of 5 days in Vegas and thus was by far the most fun!

1  Thank leesie89

Thanks for the compliment! Tony appreciates it! We are thrilled that you and your family were able to fly with us!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I did this with my sister. It was very fun!
You don't need a reservation - you can just walk in. Once you get into a "class" they will make you sit through a lot of disclaimers and sign paperwork regarding liability. My sister was getting sort of nervous during this process. As I looked around the room and saw tiny little kids and chubby, out of shape adults I had no fear.
Very iimportant - they will make you take off ALL of your jewelry (even earrings) and store it in a little locker at the front door. They hold the key, but still, if you're wearing anything expensive just leave it in the hotel safe - you'll be more relaxed. Once you get in the tunnel you quickly grasp the reason you can't wear jewelry. Trust me. Even your earrings are going to blow away if you have them on!
Once you're all suited up (you will look silly,and be warm, be prepared) you go into the wind tunnel and get to "skydive"
Very simple and the instructors are right next to you helping to get you airborn. If you are okay with it they'll even twirl you around a bit and flip you onto your back - make sure you do this!
I will definitely do this again next time I'm in Vegas.

2  Thank Pamela W

Thanks for your review! We are glad you and your sister were able to fly with us! We look forward to flying you again!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you are looking for something to do in Las Vegas that doesn't involve gambling, this is the place. I got a Groupon to do this, but, in truth it wasn't a big discount. It's just adventurous enough get your blood going, but you aren't in any danger. The scariest part was getting weighed!

They'll give you a class on technique, then put you in a big suit with gloves, goggles and gloves and you head in the room. My group was three people and we took turns. The instructor gave us all lots of support (including lifting you up if you got off course).

My only complaint is that it was too short!

1  Thank NY10040
VegasIndoorSkydiving, Public Relations Manager at Vegas Indoor Skydiving, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you had fun! Hope to see you again!