“Overpriced”
Review of The Spa at Wynn

The Spa at Wynn
Ranked #15 of 149 Spas & Wellness in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I decided to treat myself to the signature manicure & pedicure which came in at nearly 180 dollars so was expecting something pretty special. The salon was excellent,nice mani/pedi chair and surroundings. The prep of my hands and nails, shaping,cuticles etc were excellent. I had two nail technicians working on me simultaneously and I must say that Vanlee (a guy) probably gave me the best pedicure I have ever had.
I have scored low as my manicure wasn't tidy enough, had varnish on my cuticles and it chipped on two nails within 24 hours. I am sure that the salon would rectify this but am on holiday and don't really want to make the trip again. Should be right first time. In summary great but overpriced for the treatment.

1  Thank cupcake1201
There are newer reviews for The Spa at Wynn

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The spa is unbelievable! The chilled cucumbers, the dressing rooms, showers, sauna, steam room the list goes on! You pay a premium for the services because of the luxe amenities. My 60 minute massage was $180 and unfortunately the massage was so disappointing. My massage was mostly forearm and that just doesn't do much for me. The pressure would start out good and just when you think she was going to work out a knot the pressure would die off. I came in early for my appointment and the front staff were simply amazing so it was just deflating to have such a sub par massage.

1  Thank JenT403
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This space is magical, just absolutely lovely and serene. I don't usually indulge in Spa treatments but wanted a massage. It was expensive and I'm not sure whether I was paying for the massage or the environment---both I think. It was a good massage but nothing I haven't had elsewhere. However, for the price of the massage you also are invited to spend the rest of your day using the facilities---heated lounge chairs, cool and warm pools, dry and wet saunas, exercise equipment, waterfall showers, etc. The welcome and the general service and attention to clients and details is excellent. You can also get the usual spa treatments like manicures, pedicures, etc. Even if you don't pay for a service just wander into the main lobby or go to the exercise room and you'll see what a beautiful space this is.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Tip- spa facilities are being renovated. Treatment rooms are open. If you want to use facilities like the sauna, steam room, plung pool or jacuzzi you will have to go over to the Encore Spa. The Encore Spa's treatment rooms are co-Ed do you may see a man walking by in a robe which was unexpected and disconcerting.

2  Thank saraheichorn
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband & I booked a couples' massage at the spa at the Wynn for our 5 year wedding anniversary. We booked this particular spa because it looked like it was comparable to the Vdara's spa, which was truly the most beautiful spa that we had ever been in. The spa at the Wynn was certainly NOT a disappointment! We were greeted by four friendly receptionists at the front desk & after a quick check-in (which included payment since we were not guests at the Wynn), one person took me to the female spa while a gentleman escorted my husband to the men's spa. Inside of the women's spa was a scene that I can only describe as pure tranquility. The lounge had soft music playing, a gently burning fireplace, coffee, a variety of teas, fresh fruit, & water infused with lemon, orange, & cucumber. The dressing area had digital lockers so that you didn't have to carry a key & a HUGE soft robe in the locker. The dressing area also had a vanity area complete with combs, brushes, a hair dryer, a curling iron, lotion, & hair gel. Past the dressing area was a linen area completely stocked with towels, razors for shaving, shower caps, & cold towels with cucumbers for relaxation. There were showers that were stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, & shaving cream. There was also an area with a steam room, sauna, hot tub, two plunge pools, & two "showers" that are meant to massage your upper back & shoulders.

Before the massage, I sat on a chaise in my robe in front of the fire place with a cool glass of water. The staff members would periodically check on me to see if I needed anything, but without being intrusive. About five minutes before our appointment, a staff member escorted me to the co-ed lounge to sit with my husband. This lounge had the same amenities as the lounge in the female spa: coffee, a variety of tea, water, & fresh fruit. There were also some fountains & a trickling waterfall to add to the relaxing atmosphere. Our two male therapists came into the lounge to greet us & confirm the treatment that we had chosen. They then led us to our room which also had soft music & a gently burning fireplace. The massage tables were heated & extremely comfortable. Our therapists talked to us about problem areas & then stepped out of the room to give us time to get settled. Once they returned, they did not say another word except to inquire one time about the pressure & to ask us to turn over. They were very professional & really focused on our problem areas while leaving enough time for a full body massage. After the massage, we were given a bottle water & some time to relax in the room before meeting our therapists outside of the room. We then went into our separate spas & enjoyed the amenities. I greatly enjoyed the "shower" that massaged my shoulders & upper back, as well as the steam room with soothing vapors. We both took advantage of the showers & were both really impressed with the amenities in the spa as well as the friendly staff.

Although we tend to try out a new spa each year when we are in Vegas, the spa at the Wynn is up there as one of our favorite spas. Of course, we have not been to Caesars or the Aria or any other spa that is suppose to be the best of the best as they are not quite in our price range. However, this spa was in our price range & we feel that we received professional, high class service & amenities for the money spent. We would not hesitate to visit this spa again!

4  Thank EnjoyingLife23