“So SO”

$78.98*
Las Vegas Explorer Pass
Ranked #43 of 460 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Millions and millions of people have flocked through the doors of Madame Tussauds since they first opened over 200 years ago and it remains just as popular as it ever was. There are many reasons for this enduring success, but at the heart of it all is good, old-fashioned curiosity. Today's visitors are sent on a unique, emotionally-charged journey through the realms of the powerful and famous. The museum-style ropes and poles have gone so guests can truly get up, close and personal with A-list celebrities, sporting legends, political heavyweights and historical icons, reliving the times, events and moments that made the world talk about them....
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Phoenix, Arizona
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“So SO”
Reviewed August 30, 2008

We used a 40% off coupon from the American Casino Guide. Otherwise, the cost would have been $50 for the two of us. That would definitely be too much money.

Overall, it was okay. Most of the wax figures didn't look as much like the celebrity as they should have. I thought the best were John Wayne, Princess Diana, and Lucille Ball. There were two or three that I didn't recognize.

We stayed at The Venetian so the museum was convenient. It kept us out of the casino for a couple of hours and saved us some money since we weren't gambling.

1 Thank GinaPhxBound

• Turkish first
Lacey, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good if you don't pay full price!”
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This museum is great, if you don't pay full price! Full price was over $20 a person. I got a discount ticket that got 4 of us in for for the price of 2. There were interesting statues and a haunted house when I went. The haunted house was kinda lame. It might have been better if I were ten years younger.

Overall, I would say this is about 45 minutes of fun. That's walking through this place slow. The wax statues are remarkable realistic and you are able to walk up and touch them or take photos with them.

2 Thank Jaime M
Lafayette, Indiana
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Okay if you get a discount admission coupon”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

I agree with most other recent reviews--entertaining enough, but not worth the $25/person admission fee. And bring a camera.

I'd been to the one in London ten years ago and loved it, so in Vegas I expected to be able to take pictures standing next to the figures, but didn't expect, and found it cool, that they provided props to use in your photos. For example, there was a wedding dress split down the back that you could slip on and pretend to be marrying George Clooney (it was especially amusing when my boyfriend donned the dress).

It's otherwise not very big and the guy working at the front said it takes about 30 minutes to go through it. Guess that depends on how many photos you take and if you take long to stage them. I think we were there 30-45 minutes.

We fortunately had the coupon (two for one admission after 7pm), and it was worth $12.50 each. I'd have felt sick though had we paid full price.

3 Thank glendacc
Boston, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Just Okay!”
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Having visited the Madame Tussaud's in New York City which is fabulous, we were very dissapointed in this location. We went one day to get out of the heat and thought it was kind of a waste of money. I wish we knew about the 2 for 1 tickets then it would have been worth it. I couldn't even figure out by looking at some of the figures who they were.

2 Thank thegreendoor
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lots of Fun!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Went to the Museum in July 2008. Had so much fun taking all the pictures with celebrities. Great way to spend some time out of the heat. I printed a coupon online for Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. It was a 2 for 1 admission if you went after 7pm. Here’s the link for the coupon.

One admission is $25. Good idea to print it off because I couldn’t find it anywhere locally. When we went there was hardly any line up and we had a great time. Make sure you look for the props you can wear next to the wax celebrities, like a robe next to Hugh Hefner, a wedding gown near George Clooney, basket ball with Shaq ect, ect. You can also find $4 dollar off coupons for the museum in the local coupon books. So worth using the coupon.

1 Thank Sangies