“Best Sunday Brunch in Vegas”
Review of Simon Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Simon Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Sushi, Armenian, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Simon's Sunday brunch is amazing...very unique and in a beautiful setting overlooking the Palms Place pool. The brunch is $38 per person, and you can add unlimited mimosas for an additional $12 per person ($50 total). They have a sushi bar, a smoothie bar, a sandwhich bar with bagels, a candy bar, some additional seafood. Then you can order stuff off the menu - omelets, "protein scramble", waffles (awesome - even though I don't like fried chicken), pizza, dessert candy. The offerings are unbelievable. I can't wait to go back!

3  Thank slo13uf
There are newer reviews for Simon Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed January 25, 2009

I checked out Simon's at the new Palms Place for lunch and loved it so much I couldn't wait to go back. I later found out that Simon's has a pajama brunch on Sundays from 10am-4pm. That was even better!

The restaurant is beautiful and bright! I suggest sitting by the window for lunch the view is of the pool and the windows are floor to ceiling. I loved the decor.

Lunch - Simon has a "Blue Plate Special" of the day in addition to his menu. I ordered the special - Fish sandwich with fries. It was great. My friend ordered the grilled cheese with fontina, camembert, aged cheddar, sourdough and crispy bacon served with homemade tomato soup. The atmosphere was trendy, bright and comfortable. I loved it there. Lunch prices are $10-$28. The "Blue Plate Special" was only $12.00!!!

Brunch - Amazing. The cost was $39.00 (without alcohol). By the host stand was a huge candy rack and on the host stand was the hangover plate (Tums, Pepto Bismal, Advil and Alka Seltzer) which was funny.

Inside, the open kitchen was set up with a huge tub of jumbo shrimp (boiled in seasonings and the best cocktail sauce in the world is served on the side) on ice, panini station (I had the honeycomb and pecorino cheese panini - great!), sushi bar (try the signature crispy sesame rice, spicy tuna, avocado and eel sauce- so good), fresh smoothie and fresh fruit station/bar. I had the "green machine” which had fresh wheat grass in it. They also offer fresh orange julius and various other fresh fruit (made to order) smoothies.

In addition to the open kitchen buffet, they offer hot and cold items off of his brunch menu. The "White Trash" selection was my personal favorite: bbq pork baby back ribs with cole slaw and jalapeno corn muffin, pigs in a blanket and chicken and waffles with maple syrup. All of it was amazing. We also tried a wood fired breakfast pizza: country gravy, ham, bacon, jack cheese with a fried egg on top. The crust was thin and the taste was delicious.

We topped the brunch off with "Simon's Junk Food" plate. It was the best part of the brunch. Homemade snowball, rice krispie treat, hostess cupcake (looks just like the ones sold in the store), chocolate chip cookie and the best cotton candy in the world.

You may wear your pajamas to brunch (it is encouraged). The staff's uniform is pajamas. The atmosphere is relaxed and trendy. Great music and creative food that taste good.

The best part of dining at Simon's is that Simon is there!!!! I can't tell you how great it is to see a celebrity chef in his own restaurant!!! He is very social and hands on.

*You made pay and extra $10.00 for all you can drink champagne. Bloody Marys are $7.00 each (they were huge). The bartenders (ladies) are dressed as nurses.

If you are looking for a fun, trendy, funky, innovative brunch try Simon's. I would suggest making reservations for brunch. We went at noon and it was busy. Simon also has an awesome "green house" of fresh herbs on display in his private dining area that’s worth checking out if your there.

5  Thank Bakesie
Reviewed January 11, 2009

My husband and our two well-behaved children ate here during the Christmas week because my husband saw this restaurant on the Travel Channel. We were not disappointed. They have an extensive wine list and we chose an excellent Pinot Noir. The staff were very attentive and knowledgable...I would give them a 5+. Our children only wanted sushi for dinner and that was OK with our waiter. BTW, the sushi was delicious. My husband and I ordered the Grouper special. It was also delicious and cooked perfectly. Of course we ordered the "Junk Food Platter" for dessert. It has cotton candy, cupcakes, Rice Krispie treats, and a bunch of other yummy things. We definitely got a kick out of that. Although this place is pricey, I think you get your money's worth....we will be back here next time we go to Vegas!
PS. I probably would not have brought my children here if I didn't know that they could behave and use proper table manners. It is not the place for kids if they are too young or cannot sit still.

4  Thank daryllynn10
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Placentia, California
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Really good edamame (wok grilled!). Junk food dessert tray is intriguing.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I love it! Simon has some very imaginitive food, and it's consistantly good.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook