“Dinner in the zoo”

Neighborhood: Paradise
Henderson, Nevada
“Dinner in the zoo”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Knew that restaurant looked into pool...didn't realize that pool would be only a few feet away...some pool users chose to watch us eating dinner. If you go, would recommend NOT taking a "desirable" table adjacent to pool if you dine before 6pm. Service was prompt, friendly, and generally accurate; only complaint was that waiter forgot a second beer order. Crab cake and tuna roll excellent. Burger good (but too big for me); fries were the best part. Pizza sufferred by comparison to a similar pizza at Postrio. Wine list doesn't identify vintages, which is ridiculous for a list including some big ticket wines.

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is a great bonus at the Palms place”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Simons offers great atmosphere along with superior food! I was curious to try their fresh sushi and both my girlfriend and I were very pleased! The shrimp tempura roll was out of this world!!! We will definitely return for their wood grilled pizza.

Irvine, CA
“Looking for a place for dinner? Keep looking.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This restaurant overlooks the pool area at The Palms Hotel. We had dinner and there was no one at the pool but if you go during the day, you'll see lots of bare skin so keep that in mind depending upon whether that is something you want to see.

Simon reviewers got my expectations up. It sounded so great. Maybe I came when the chef was gone, but it was a Friday nite, so that would be poor scheduling. The food was ok, not great but not terrible. My Sangria was watered down and service was quite slow. Prices are a bit steep too, although we came with a Travelzoo voucher that made it hurt less. I ordered a pan seared sea bass and the skin was not seared or crispy but rather limp and sad looking, but the fish was well seasoned and moist. Husband ordered Curry Chicken. It was ok. Also had a mac n cheese gratin to share and it was disappointing too. I was looking forward to a cheesy, creamy dish but the macaroni was overcooked and the sauce had a flour-like consistency to it. For dessert, we shared a Junk Food Plate (cotton candy, Rice Krispy treat, brownie, butterscotch cookie, choc chip cookie, mini-snowball and mini cupcake) which looked great but it did not taste homemade and was too sugary sweet for me.

There are too many good restaurants in Vegas to visit. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. I'd suggest a pass on dinner.

1 Thank TigrMama
Aliso Viejo
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The food is delish and our server was beyond excellent. The lobster mac anf cheese was delightful. There menu has a little bit of everything

Beaverton, Oregon
“Spendy, good atmosphere”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

For Vegas, I guess the prices are reasonable. Having been to many happy hours in Portland, Oregon I was disappointed in the amount of food you get for the price and of course the prices are terrible - especially at this hotel, it attracts the young crowd.

Visited May 2013