“Only if you have no other choice”
Review of Simon Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Simon Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Sushi, Armenian, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I checked in late and had a choice of room service or Simon's last call. I opted for Simon as I was starving. It was a weeknight. By the time I got there, the hostess was nowhere to be found, I had to go find a waiter who then tracked down the hostess who wasn't in the best of moods. Service was average on the slow, food was average and was not worth the price nor the weight. Also, I noticed a couple of what they seemed to me "working girls" watching me like hawks. all in all, I felt pretty and uncomfortable and left as soon as I could. Never to return!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Our experience at the Palms Place Simon Restaurant was horrible to say the least. There was a group of about 15 young kids for dinner, and even though the rest of the restaurant was sparse, it seemed like service and the kitchen had shut down to cater to the group of kids. Our waiter didnt show up for 20 mins after he had initially given us our bread, and when we tried to get his attention when he walked by, he clearly dismissed us and kept walking. When everyone else in the restaurant started getting visibly upset that service had shut down and the kids were being served before all of us that were there before them, their way of handling it, was to send a pseudo manager to come over and offer a free drink and make unnecessary conversation. It took about an hour to get our food which was mediocre for the price. We refused the equally horrible drinks, dignity has a price... I would never go back to the Simon restaurant even if I was paid to.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I ate dinner here three nights while staying at PalmsPlace. Service, setting and food were all great. The one exception was the entree my last night. When the waiter came by to ask how everything was and I said the ribs were pretty tough and I was disappointed, the manager quickly came over and insisted on comping me dessert.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Everyone at our table (4 guys) all had different appetizers and entres. Needless to say, all of us raved about our meals and the server we had, I believe his name was Matt was fantastic with his recommendations and service. If I stay at Palms again, I would return for sure.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I had the frosted flakes french toast and it was amazing.
My sister had the sushi and pancakes and piggies in the blanket.
I definitely want to bring my kids here some day because they also serve cotton candy,
a candy bar full of snacks, smoothies to order, and even fruit loops/etc. They would love it.
You can also as part of the $40 brunch order hot items like eggs/steak or pizza. I got the pizza and it was delicious and fresh but I was too full from the french toast to eat it all.
There is a bloody mary bar and mimosa bar for extra. Also a huge pail of cold cooked shrimp and a panini bar. The blueberry muffin was delicious!
The servers are dressed in their PJ's and it overlooks a swanky pool at Palms Place.
If you are in Vegas on a sunday, definitely go. It is a relaxed casual atmosphere with something for everyone. Go hungry! That was my only mistake. We love Hash house a go go for breakfast but this was also a big winner for brunch.