“grand canyon...never been grander..”
Review of Canyon Tours

Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Canyon Tours specializes in discounted tours from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Death Valley, Red Rock Canyon and the Las Vegas area. We have over 20 years of experience in the touring and travel industry. We also offer special group/corporate rates and custom tours.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

we took the grand canyon, hoover dam tour last week. it was my 3 rd visit there over the years...however if you have not been there since they built the glass floor built out over the canyon...it is absolutely breath taking..our tour guide edward was totally courteous and very knowledgeable. the drive there was in very comfortable coaches, with movie clips of what we were going to see and where we would stop. we had lunch at the ranch with the "cowboys"..just a nice added touch. i highly reccomend it if you have kids. my friend took his 2 grandaughters, 25 and 31...i took my other friends grand daughter who lives in vegas and had never been...they totally loved the experience.

5  Thank Michael P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I bought the tour on www.canyontours.com for $79.99(2014). This is my second tour to Canion so I decided I can compare them. For the other one I paid $100.00 in 2009.
I bought this because it said: new couch, free wi-fi on buss, snack in the morning and bottle of water, and then the usual (hoover dam stop, great photos, first back in Vegags, lunch included, etc). However there was no wi-fi, bottle of water or snack provided, The driver, Robert, was not helpful and answer the questions rudely (oh i don't know, probably they didn't installed yet, like he wouldn't care at all).

The tour was very rushed, but for me was ok cause I don't like to sit and watch too long, as I wanted to be back as early as possible. But keep in mind you won;t have to much time to walk around or dream :). They give you 1 hour at first stop, and then 1 hour and couple minutes at the second one. By the time you get out and arrive at the view you lose 15 min.

Lunch was ok, nothing fancy or lots of varieties. If your buss is first in the line then you won;t have to wait, otherwise there will be a big line, There are like 5-6 buses arriving at the same time each of them with 56 people. So it ca get pretty crowdy.

On our way back, the driver told us that he will leave you up there if you're not back by the returning time. Their mission is to take you up, but if you miss the returning time they will leave you up there. Also we were "pleased" with a SF movie which not only was a bad choice for a buss riding, but was also extremely loud. It was like you were at a cinema,speakers are right above your seat and the volume was up high. I asked to put the volume down and the driver seemed irritated and still he said he will do it but he didn't. All of us were annoyed but the loud loud sound.

Overall my mission was to see the canyon, and that was great. But the movie gave me an headache and for that I hope everybody is aware of this.

Also keep in mind, they charge extra for gas (I paid $22 extra for two person) and then they make you pay the driver too, between $10-$12.5 /person. With 56 people on the buss the driver makes at least $560 on a day. So I don't get it why I have to pay the driver and the gas. So the get fooled but the offer :$79.99..only after the purchase they charge you extra.

Sorry for the long review but I wanted to make it clear so you know what you will get.

50  Thank ana a
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

We chose to do the west rim tour while Vegas, as the trip length was shorter than that of the south rim tour. The tour and the sights were fantastic. It is worth the drive to the canyon! Breathtaking sights. Our tour guide was very informative and did an excellent job keeping us on schedule. I would definitely recommend this tour company to anyone wishing to site see while in Vegas.

6  Thank Mich0983
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The day started promising at the bus centre (although being picked up at the hotel next door and not our own). Our bus driver on bus #10857 on May 17 was rude and unfriendly. Once we got to the actual Grand Canyon, things were very rushed! We were given one hour at Mather Point and Bright Angel respectively, despite the fact that their website states "...you will spend the next 3 hours".

We then returned to the visitor centre to pick up the Pink Jeep people, and waited 40 min in the bus here (which could have been spent at the Canyon). After returning to Las Vegas, we had to wait another 40 min for a relief driver who was just as rude and who had various altercations with people on board. It took another hour of driving around in Vegas (and after having to remind the driver of where to be dropped off), until we got back to our hotels.

All of this for only 2 hours' viewing at the Canyon...not worth it.

PS. I've added this review to Air Bridge Tours as well, as they are the operators of the tour, with the website being Canyon Tours.

13  Thank Jan-Steyn P
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I just returned from the South Rim tour, it is a FULL day, up at 4 AM to catch our transfer bus at 6 AM and returned to hotel at 10:45 PM. If you know this going into it, as we did from reading other reviews, you will not be disappointed. I took my Mom on this tour for Mother’s Day and she and I both felt it was worth the long trip to see Grand Canyon. Please know you only make two stops in the park itself so you are just getting a taste from above of what the canyon looks like but it is breathtaking. I plan to go back someday when we can spend a few days in the National Park.
I was comfortable with our driver Ron on the way to the canyon; however, this changed on our way back and I was very disappointed in his demeanor in how he handled a situation with a couple from our group. First, I am very orientated when it comes to finding my way around and remembering how to return to the same location. On our first stop we headed back to the bus 5 minutes earlier than recommended and we got turned around when following the shuttle bus signs….you are not on a shuttle so don’t follow these signs! I did not see a tour bus sign so this is why I thought we were parked in the shuttle lot; it took us 40 minutes running around trying to find where we needed to be to catch our tour bus. Well we didn’t make it and missed our bus; however, we were told by the other grey line driver that Ron would be back for us so we didn’t worry too much. Ron did return for us and that is when we found out 4 others also missed the bus and they were still missing. After a few attempts in finding these individuals Ron brought my mom and I to the next spot and returned to find the other four. Things were going well again and we were back on track until Ron returned to pick our group up to head back to Vegas…this is when Ron belittled the couple that was lost, not only did he belittle them, he did it over the microphone so the whole bus had to listen to Ron go on and on about how he instructed the whole bus prior to getting off and how this couple caused him not to get his hour rest before driving us back to Vegas and how this couple made us go from the first bus in to the last bus out. Well once Ron was done with his fit he drove like heck to get us back into the first bus position. His driving was horrible and we were flying down the highway, swaying in and out of traffic, hitting the rumble strips on the side of the road, and guess what…We caught up to the other bus and we were now in second place…so Ron said over the microphone! I was very upset that this was taking place, what is more important…the lives on the bus you are driving or us being the first bus back? I think Ron knew he was wrong in how he handled the situation but for him to drive like crazy to get back was just wrong and unsafe!
McDonald’s is the only place you stop to eat for breakfast and supper so if you don’t like McDonald’s bring something with you. My mom and I are healthy eaters and did enjoy yogurt and fruit from McDonald’s but packed some other fruit in case we did get hungry. The food at the IMAX place where you have lunch is nothing great but edible.
The only other thing I have to say about this company is, we were told to purchase tickets for the IMAX and Pink Jeep Tour from the company because they were going to be cheaper than buying direct when we got there….WRONG! We were also told to buy water and snacks from them before leaving because it would save us money….WRONG! This turns me off when it comes to speaking highly of the company but I do have to say they were well organized in getting us on and off the buses.
All in all, if you are willing to spend a very long day on a bus then you will not be disappointed in the view you get to see for a couple of hours…the Grand Canyon is beautiful and majestic that only the naked eye can see and hearts can feel.

13  Thank HolaMinnesota